Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia’s Stetson Bennett defends parade behavior in social media spat with radio host

SystemSystem Posts: 7,421 admin
edited January 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia’s Stetson Bennett defends parade behavior in social media spat with radio host

ATHENS — Stetson Bennett issued a response to critics of his behavior and the comments he made at the Georgia football parade and stadium celebration last Saturday.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    KBPKBP Posts: 379 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Well, okay then.

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Boom….mic drop!

Nuff said!

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    78Dawg78Dawg Posts: 165 ✭✭✭ Junior

Stetson handled the initial response and the stuff back to Shapiro badly. Immaturely. Glad he's better at football. He got 2 rings. We fans got lifetime memories. One day he'll realize the memories matter more as you age.

• Options
    zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 411 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Stetson can do what he wants, he's a grown man. He's earned his place in UGA lore. Leave the guy alone. Mr. Steak is just another fringe loser trying to stir the pot. What made and makes Bennett a winner is not backing down to anyone. We were lucky to have him and Georgia will miss him.

• Options
    DawgOnTheBeachDawgOnTheBeach Posts: 59 ✭✭✭ Junior

Wow! Another opportunity for MG to highlight the negative. His reporting over the years epitomizes the reason Stetson has a bad taste for the media. Always focused on the negative.

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Give it a rest Mike! This another nothing burger!

• Options
    fatdawgfatdawg Posts: 159 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I am happy for Stetson because he led my school to two championships. I am also glad he has made some money off of his hard work, well deserved. He will probably never have to buy a drink in Georgia for the rest of his life.

In fact, if I ever get the chance I will buy him a drink and tell him I appreciated his hard work and Go Dawgs! But...... I do get the impression (long before the parade, I really don't care about his behavior one way or the other) that I probably wouldn't want to have a drink with Stetson.

Just saying.

• Options
    doubledawg1990doubledawg1990 Posts: 108 ✭✭✭ Junior

"Walk a mile (3+ years at UGA) in my shoes."

Probably could handle better but I imagine SBIV (largely because of writers like MG) has a bad taste in his mouth. Hopefully, he'll soon recognize more that "these are the best of times/these are the good 'ole days" and forgive/forget such people and revel along with 95% of DawgNation who lionize him and the Bull Dawgs! Not a lot to be gained for him to engage like this.

Go Dawgs and Go SBIV!

• Options
    DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mike thinks a radio personality that made fun of someone with ALS on air is someone to listen to? No thank you and good for Stetson.

• Options
    dazzledawgdazzledawg Posts: 183 ✭✭✭ Junior

Everyone has a take and his behavior did rub a lot of folks the wrong way. But, that was how he chose to say goodbye and his right to do it. Hopefully it’s finished

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I gave him hell, but after he got up off the turf after that sack and threw that bomb to AD I shut up and gave him props. He's was our QB, he took a lot of heat, let that man celebrate the way he wants too for the last time with his guys. He owes us nothing, he gave us two titles and whoever comes behind him better be ready because that's some big shoes to fill. We're fans at the end of the day, thanks for the ride Bennett they ought to build you a statue!

• Options
    go_dawgsgo_dawgs Posts: 15 ✭✭ Sophomore

I get your sentiment, but I would not consider someone who is 25 a "kid". Also, in this day of NIL, none of these players are "kids" anymore. They are paid professionals and they need to be able to handle the scrutiny if they are going to put themselves in the spotlight. I have no issue with Stet, guy played with a chip, and he doesnt owe anyone anything. We won because we have a great team, not because we have Stetson Bennett. Either way, I wish him the best, but he needs to humble himself. He will always be a legend at UGA.

• Options
    dragonslayerdragonslayer Posts: 697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Really nothing much here. Stetson Bennett is alright by me.

• Options
    chilidawg1chilidawg1 Posts: 156 ✭✭✭ Junior

Erik Ainge was right

• Options
    busterchapbusterchap Posts: 77 ✭✭✭ Junior

Great 2 years with SB at QB but he needs to get the chip off of his shoulder and grow up! Life after football can be humbling! Just saying!

• Options
    78Dawg78Dawg Posts: 165 ✭✭✭ Junior

Kirby always refers to them as kids. I think he knows better than any of us.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Saturday could have been better. He's right!

I just felt sorry watching the parade on TV and the young lady whose job it was at WSB to get a few words from some of the players kept saying things., "Like OH my gosh, I see Stetson Bennet coming, I 'll try to get a few words with him and get his opinion on the pardade", etc, etc, and then she yells out Stetson!, Stetson! , and all we hear on TV is something like "are you freaking kidding me, unbelieveable!" : Now whether that was directed towards her, I can't say for sure, but if so, it was a bad look. She covered for him and said, I guess he couldn't hear me, rather dejectedly. Now perhaps he didn't hear her. But I felt embarrassed for the young lady.

SB just has in his mind for some reason that all the press is against him. It's just not so. Especially the locals which is what you had on Saturday. Now Kirby did take a shot at David Pollack that he doubted the team and that's calling out one person who doubted. But to take pot shots at the local media that has done nothing but sing your praises is uncalled for. Just smile and say, "We did it to the crowd, I'm so proud of my teamates and our coaches and of you fans who cheered us on! THe crowd would have went nutts. BUt no! We got something about , "It ain't the x's and o's it's about the Jimmies and Joes. LOL!

Saturday will fade in memorry and what we'll be left with will be his accomplishments on the field. You don't have to be a statesman to be good at ball, but you do appreciate the attempts.