Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia transfer wide receiver RaRa Thomas arrested on multiple charges

2»

Comments

• Options
    natejawsnatejaws Posts: 164 ✭✭✭ Junior

No idea about the situation but it sounds like a domestic issue obviously. I was on a grand jury in Athens and if you at all stop someone from leaving the domicile in any way, they will add the false imprisonment charge. He simply had to stand in the doorway to get charged with it. If a policeman comes out to a domestic charge in Athens Clarke County and there is any sign of a physical alteration, charges will be pressed, regardless of the victims wishes.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is kind of hard for anyone to answer at this point since no one knows what happened. If you've found a credible source providing details, then post a link. Until then, the only sensible thing is to hold off on entertaining any hypotheticals.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

IF these allegations are true and correct. And IF he’s found guilty in a court of law. Not good. Not good at all. The article said it’s a felony charge. IF he’s found guilty, this might be beyond the scope of just internal discipline from Kirby ?? And IF these allegations turn out true and IF he’s found guilty, what does that say about his character ?? Could be just a really s t u p I d mistake ?? If it is then no room for Me to say much as Lord knows I’ve made more than my fair share in my young years.

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 527 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Family violence things, they arrest you no matter what these days. Tough situation for everyone and a high percentage of times charges are dropped, as it was an in the heat of the moment thing and emotions ran high, then things calm down and its like went overboard for what it was. It may not have been this way, but often is. Whatever happens, happens. Best thing to do in these situations, is to shutup and/or leave until things calm down. Often the person seen as the complainant or victim, is the instigator. Or got mad or hurt and just called the cops to get him back for who knows what. Never know in these situations. Could be so many things involved. So do not pre-judge anyone, especially when it comes to something like this. He deserves his side to be heard, just like you and I would. He may be guilty. It may be overblown.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 954 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Cut Ra Ra as we don't need a cancer infecting our current culture, and pled with Dom to stay!

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just looking back at the history of such things (with Adam Anderson being the latest) if a kid gets arrested and charged with a felony, I cannot recall an instance where said charges were subsequently dropped AND the kid returned to the team. Some MISDEMEANOR cases, sure, but not felonies. Unfortunately (for him) I don't think Ra Ra is ever going to play a down for UGA. And unfortunately for UGA, if this had happened even a week ago, I believe AD Mitchell (who might be a better player anyway) is still a Dawg! Either way, we'll DEFINITELY be back in the transfer portal come spring (or maybe there's someone in junior college who we could get for depth) and we need to hope one or two of these incoming freshmen is ready to play. That's why I'm puzzled over both Mitchell's desire to leave and Raymond Cottrell's decision to sign with A&M. Both would have had good homes at UGA, the current SEC and two-time defending National Champions. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    OldJeepBobOldJeepBob Posts: 71 ✭✭✭ Junior

"Alas poor RaRa, we scarcely knew ye".

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2023

Possible but not probable. I like Dom and I think UGA would welcome him back. He may have already left campus.

Dom had fallen pretty far down the depth chart. He had been passed by a number of players. He wants more playing time/targets than he was likely to get. UGA was facing AD leaving and looking for a starting level player. RRThomas was expected to start. His numbers ( 44/626/7) are those of a starter.

Blaylock may be the best option left after the 2nd TP window. On the other hand, word gets out that UGA is looking for a starting level WR may prompt a starting level player to enter the TP on 5/1 and "trade up" from where he is now.

Clearly UGA needs/wants another experienced, starting level player. Sadly, RaRa probably cost UGA recruit Raymond Cottrell as well.

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@UGADad20

The portal may be closed but remember that the actual national signing day is in February. There are several top WRs left who didn't sign in December (including Raymond Cottrell, whom UGA should probably send feelers out to). Also, UGA is likely to land TE Duce Robinson, whom they could certainly find a way to get on the field.

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 838 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2023

Depends, Vetdawg. Let's say if my daughter is seriously "harassed" by someone, maybe even in his own family, and this guy steps in and settles it forcefully in her defense... he might be just the kind of person I want having my daughter's back. Of course, I'm making this example up, and I'll admit my first/gut reaction to the initial story was not real favorable; but we don't know what the "this" is yet. I've been stunned and way wrong before after getting full scoop. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

According to Rivals250 there is only 1 unsigned WR in their Top 250 (players). Mikel Harrison-Pilot (186) committed to Houston. Cottrell signed w/aTm.

Hard to count on a freshman to be a contributor to a playoff level team.

But you are correct about 2Robinson. He could be Arik Gilbert 2.0 (LSU version) for UGA in '23. He is probably UGA's best bet at this point. Getting him game reps in '23 at WR would keep him from taking game reps from BB, Delp and Lovett (slot) and make them all happy.

• Options
    ForestryDawgForestryDawg Posts: 29,312 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2023

Felony charges dropped dismissed and has entered a pretrial diversion program to have the misdemeanors dropped.