Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Stetson Bennett wins Manning Award as nation’s top quarterback

SystemSystem Posts: 10,479 admin
edited January 2023 in Article commenting
imageStetson Bennett wins Manning Award as nation’s top quarterback

Georgia quarterback Stetson Bennett bagged another major award on Monday, as he won the Manning Award. The award goes to the nation’s top quarterback as judged by the Sugar Bowl and takes in bowl performances as well, whereas most awards do not.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So NOW does he qualify for the College Football HOF?

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I fully agree. Way to go Stetson !! And might I add that that was a classy statement by Archie Manning to. I am and have always been a Dawgs fan first, but I will say I held admiration and respect for Archie Manning when he played. Still do. Stetson will go down in UGA history right along side of Herschel, perhaps even greater now, as one of the greatest Dawgs in history.

• Options
    ProKnoProKno Posts: 29 ✭✭ Sophomore

Absolutely no doubt about it!

• Options
    KBPKBP Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Why no Senior Bowl invite?

• Options
    doubledawg1990doubledawg1990 Posts: 109 ✭✭✭ Junior

Way to go SBIV! Senior Bowl invite next?

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well deserved! And should've won the Heisman. Now go torch those NFL defenses, Stet!

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Congrats Stet! Finally getting the accolades you deserve! Good luck in the NFL.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Congrats to Stetson. Hey Archie, you couldn't help us out over here with a little influence on your nephew? Obviously, UGA produces champion quarterbacks. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 937 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No truer words were ever written....the Heisman is awarded too early and the lazy members on the committee look at glitzy stats....in this years case, accumulated against cupcake competition. Stats be damned, there is only one stat that need to be considered.....as a TEAM player, did you lead your team to win championships! Thus you were the BEST college football player in America.

Recognition as the BEST college football player in America, has finally arrived and is well deserved, CONGRATS STET.....in my heart you were always the BEST!

• Options
    KudzuKudzu Posts: 356 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Agree with you and @reddawg1 ... the whole time I was watching Purdy, I was thinking that SBIV could achieve a lot in such a setup. Today's NFL has such a variety of QBs that are completely different, but they thrive in appropriately-constructed offenses. I also think Stetson profiles as having the potential to be like another Louisiana hero: Drew Brees. Both great scramblers who are/were sometimes underestimated.

On a related note, huge thanks to Conner for turning comments back on for his recent articles... I like seeing DN posters' thoughts on these things as much as the (really good, BTW) articles from Conner et al 😁