Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Tennessee towers over suddenly struggling Georgia basketball, 70-41

SystemSystem Posts: 10,479 admin
edited January 2023 in Article commenting
imageTennessee towers over suddenly struggling Georgia basketball, 70-41

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. — Georgia basketball measured itself against one of the best teams in the nation on Wednesday night, and the Bulldogs came up short — literally and figuratively.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Run_Lindsey_RunRun_Lindsey_Run Posts: 46 ✭✭✭ Junior

Not a good night at all ... now we know how TCU felt after NCG drubbing.

• Options
    KBPKBP Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Tennessee is unbelievably good defensively. They forced turnovers very easily. Now, go beat the Gamecocks!!

• Options
    BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2023

Yep they're a basketball school...ftmf. Sorry, ftcf.

• Options
    MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

“We just got beat, as I told our guys, by a team that’s just better than us right now,” UGA coach Mike White said. “A team that’s got a chance to win the whole thing.”

This is what I want the coaches WE play saying to their team about UGA.

I was never a Crean fan. I questioned why they hired him, but was still hopeful. I think White is a better coach, but still wonder if he will be successful at UGA.

White is a good coach and I'm "all in" but why can't UGA be elite in basketball?

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Here we go again just like Crean.....but better. White had better beat SC at home Saturday...SC is terrible. That was an embarrassing loss to TN. Almost 30 pts! UGA should be able to field a better team...no size or power against ranked teams. Not one 7 footer in the last several years that I can recall. Come on UGA...let's get behind basketball as well. I hate making excuses for UGA basketball year after year. UGA should be more competitive in the SEC by now. Sorry for the rant.

• Options
    Run_Lindsey_RunRun_Lindsey_Run Posts: 46 ✭✭✭ Junior

@UGA66 - it will be 2026 2028 before the Dawgs have a hope of turning this program around. Has been floundering for years. Give me 3 good reasons why I should come to UGA if I am a talented hoopster. Can't. They can get better but simply put, right now they are too small and too slow. No intensity whatsoever. The one meaningless dunk late in the game is the kind of spark that was needed early in the first half to get everyone's fire lit. Completely uninspired play - like the Dawgs against Texas a couple years ago in the Sugar Bowl. That was 2019. Can turn quickly with solid recruiting, team buy in and solid coaching. White needs the time to build a competitive squad. The continuous coaching carousel is not the path to success. GO DAWGS HOOPS!!

https://georgiadogs.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/coaches/mike-white/3173