Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia basketball battles back to respectability, but yet to resemble tourney team

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited January 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia basketball battles back to respectability, but yet to resemble tourney team

ATHENS — It wasn’t a “must-win” for Georgia basketball, so much as it was a “must-not-lose.”

Read the full story here

Comments

• StAugDawgStAugDawg Posts: 20 ✭ Freshman

A very uninspiring win. But a win is win. Yes the Dawgs did show grit and dig out of a 12 point hole, I will give them that. Any wins from here on out I expect to be hard fought. This team might have actually peaked at the beginning of January. Maybe they can catch a spark. They just don’t have the talent yet and depth.

They need to be more creative on offense. Many wasted seconds on possessions with no ball movement which leaves them with bad shots. And some of their under the basket out of bounds plays take way too long to execute, barely allowing them to get the ball in and no chance to score off of the play.

They need to play smarter. It was a tie game with a chance to win at the end of regulation and we settle for a corner three, giving them enough time for a run out with a layup chance. We were lucky that wasn’t called a foul. It was a tie game!! You didn’t need a three!! They needed to drive and get a shot at the rim with a chance to draw a foul or get a put back.

It’s hard to watch sometimes but I’ll keep the faith and keep watching - looking forward to more hard fought wins. Go Dawgs!

• SufferinginAtlantaSufferinginAtlanta Posts: 55 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hoping White can get some momentum in February. It's been a long time since the team had any relevance in March. A few steps up that way in White's first year would be a welcome sight.

• BetheredgeBetheredge Posts: 197 ✭✭✭ Junior

With the embarrassing meltdown yesterday by the SEC in the final challenge against the Big12, this was a must win for the Dawgs. The SEC looks like a four team league at best come March meaning the Dawgs need to pretty much run the table or win the SEC tournament to go dancing. The NIT may be out of reach without 8-10 more wins & a decent showing in the SEC tournament.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

White: “The last 15 minutes of the game, I don’t know if we could have played any harder.” Then UGA has a problem going forth. SEC has solid competition going forward...far greater than lowly SC.

• GaBoi69GaBoi69 Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior

Let's go Dawgs! I am liking the way this year's team is playing. Can we get into 1 of the 2 tournaments? That will be a great accomplishment for Coach White and DawgNation would be proud.