Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

WATCH: Georgia quarterback Stetson Bennett released from Dallas detention facility

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited January 2023 in Article commenting
imageWATCH: Georgia quarterback Stetson Bennett released from Dallas detention facility

ATHENS — Former Georgia quarterback Stetson Bennett was released from the Dallas City Detention Center on Sunday after his arrest earlier that morning on charges of public intoxication, per a Dallas television station.

Read the full story here

Comments

• KhunKhaoDawgKhunKhaoDawg Posts: 209 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 2023

🍺🙄🚪 Was a Stetson fan. I'm over him now. Pretty obvious he has a problem. Maybe this will end the talk of a Stetson 🗽

• Raw54Raw54 Posts: 16 ✭ Freshman

It's not The Dawgs problem he's a grown Man..

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I guess he is still a "student "and will graduate in the spring...so technically still a Dawg but not a member of the football program. I don't see why UGA would be asked to comment?

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Disappointing. You have only a very short period of time from your last game to combine to draft day. Your entire life builds to this time and it's your time to prep. Get your trainer, polish your drills, eat well, eliminate alcohol and stay off social media. That's it. That should be your life until you sign that paper and get your payday.

Clearly Bennett is too stubborn for his own good. Now, all teams will have written "Alcoholic?" Next to his name. I'm sure he's blowing off the Combine and thinks he will be 1st round and now will probably be undrafted. Dude doesn't get that NFL teams care about crap like this.

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hear, he may be late on a couple of library books. Lawdy, lawdy....will things ever make sense again? Lol

None of you...NONE of you...know what happened here. It could've been a prank gone wrong...or, a setup. In any case...it's only public intoxication, for God's sake. Some of you Bennett haters need to get a grip.

I bet, there ain't a swingin' dingle on here, that hasn't had a few too many...and found themselves, left alone in a strange place, disoriented...and trying to find the house you just left. Lolol

• truthtellertruthteller Posts: 226 ✭✭✭ Junior

This guy is way too old to not know that it is a bad idea to be drunk at 6am. Hello? Hello? You are in Dallas to train for the NFL Draft - you have to go through interviews and perform. Perception is everything! Can't the alcohol take a back seat while you try to get drafted?? Well, they do say that the human brain does not fully form until the age 26 or so. That probably explains it. Ridiculous. If this guy is not careful, the only decent job options he will have left will be as a "mailman" or "milkman". Way to prove all the doubters wrong Stetson! Geez.

"NFL teams care about crap like this."

Lol...no they don't. They might want you to believe that. But, their actions don't bare that out. Where's DeShawn Watson? Do I really need to name all the "crap like this", teams are willing to turn a blind eye to...if you can contribute to the win column? And, with Bennett in the right offense...he can most assuredly contribute.

I wouldn't get in a twist over this thing. When it comes to transgressions...this isn't even Bush League stuff.

• VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hi, I’d like to introduce myself.

I’m Mr. Swingin Dingle who’s never been too drunk to recognize where I’m at.

😂😂😂

much love for ya, greatest name I’ve seen on here since bigteneatsfarts

Yes, you are, Sir. Welcome to the conversation.

Now, let me straighten out something you just said.

I didn't say "too drunk to recognize". I said disoriented and in a "strange area"...which obviously eliminates the word, "recognize". I'll give you a minute to look that up.

You have to be in familiar surroundings, in order to recognize something. And, that was the problem.

He was released a few hours later and didn't appear "drunk" to me...at all...in the video release.

What worries me, is....The guy knocking on doors, at 6am, is still out there somewhere. He could strike again, in the Dallas area, at any time. It could be your "paper boy"...or the donut guy...or...stay with me here...or it could be the milk man. Lolol

This whole thing smells like a setup.

Police respond to a complaint about someone knocking on doors @6am??? In order for the word, "doors", to be used, there had to have been multiple calls to the Police...otherwise, how do they know, it wasn't just one door that was knocked on? Has anybody...media...talked to any of the complainants?

How many times, if any, have any of you, called the cops...cause somebody was knocking on your door at 6am? That part doesn't makes sense.

And, how does the "knocking on doors" part, even enter into the story about a guy that was arrested for "public intoxication"? Why was that flagged...if it wasn't in the initial police report?

If the Officers had been responding to an armed robbery or public altercation...do they just...I don't know...pick up the first intoxicated guy they find, at 7am and thread the "armed robbery" story into the "public Intoxication" story...just to give it bite and intrigue?

They didn't even say, he was suspected of door knocking....not that door knocking at 6am is a crime.

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

OK no it’s not like Stetson murdered somebody. It’s a comparatively minor crime. And it doesn’t necessarily mean he’s an alcoholic. BUT the timing ain’t good. And it does show a lack of focus or discipline if you will on keeping his eye on The Prize. If he has hopes and ambitions of getting in the NFL at the very highest level in the draft that he can he needs to be Extremely focused, Extremely disciplined. Especially right Now. If he felt the need to unwind and get plastered, he should have given someone he trusts Allot, his car keys, bought a bunch of snacks turned on his fav music or TV and proceeded to get plastered But stay in his room !! Something that he’s got to learn Quickly ( I thought he already knew) is there are Some in media that don’t like him or appreciate him At All. But they dearly Love sensationalism. !! Like that ole song Dirty Laundry. NO, I know not All or maybe even Most media are like that. But **** cheap sensational media is at an all time high now. Stetson is a Celeb now, which means he’s also a Target for those who seek to smear him for their own reasons. He doesn’t need to Self Destruct as he has Plenty of enemies that’ll be glad to do that for him !! If he’s serious about making it in the NFL he doesn’t have the Time or Leeway to pull foolish stunts. He’s got to be Totally focused on the task at hand Now. I’ll forever be grateful to Stetson for his contribution to the Dawgs. And I’m pulling for him to do well. But this needs to be the last time this or any other foolish incidents happens.

• 78Dawg78Dawg Posts: 165 ✭✭✭ Junior

Helped Win 2 Nattys and then decided to self destruct.