Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

4 Georgia players making first impressions on NFL decision makers at Senior Bowl

SystemSystem Posts: 10,430 admin
edited January 2023 in Article commenting
image4 Georgia players making first impressions on NFL decision makers at Senior Bowl

ATHENS — The postseason NFL Draft evaluation process is underway in Mobile with players arriving for Senior Bowl week.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Brady was drafted in what round? Tebow was taken #25. Not an exact sceince would you say?

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited January 2023

So mike writes an article headlined about the 4 players participating in the Senior Bowl; but then takes over half the article to scorn Stetson Bennett for not attending. This is the negative slant we are referring to Mike. Hope you find a new beat soon.

• Options
    UGA64UGA64 Posts: 125 ✭✭✭ Junior

These guys will be drafted! I hope their showing in the Senior Bowl will help their draft ranking or grade. DGD'S! Go Dawgs!

• Options
    MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@UGA64 They will, and meeting in person with GMs and head coaches and showing them your practice habits and attitude goes a long way, like Nagy said.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2023

Yep, I noticed that too and how both articles about Bennett being arrested were written by MG. It just bleeds through how much he dislikes Bennett and this goes back 2-3 years when JT lost his starting role to Stetson. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    truthtellertruthteller Posts: 226 ✭✭✭ Junior

@BubbaBill

@Ddavis0777

Everytime you get personal with MG about his reporting, you are showing that you have no understanding of what his purpose is on this site. Let me educate you. Dawgnation is a homer site, that is true. BUT, MG was hired to give the straight news without the bias. There are plenty of homers on the dawgnation staff to give the biased angle. So, if you are frustrated when he reports on things and doesn't do so with dawg bias, understand why. Also, it's better to be quiet and thought a fool, than use the keyboard and remove all doubt.

• Options
    UGA64UGA64 Posts: 125 ✭✭✭ Junior

Thanks for your columns Mike, people don't understand sometime columns need to critical of certain aspects of the football program, baseball, basketball, softball etc. I personally think your honest and you are definitely a DGD! Without articles from our writers we would have anything to complain about. Thanks Mike and the other writers for keeping us inform on Georgia Athletics.

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited January 2023

Big guy truth teller drops an axiom to make himself sound smart huh?

Better to be quiet and thought to eat spoon fed poo straight from MG’s rear than to get on a key board and remove all doubt.

Hows that for ya?

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I like most of what Mike writes. Not because I always agree with everything he says, sometimes I don't. But because I know he's not a homer just sugar coating everything so everyone will praise him. Like trying to get likes on Facebook. LOL! He tells the story of the whole SB saga based on facts. What he said about JT and how the coaches felt about him, and how the coaches told SB they didn't see him as a starter for UGA, that's just unbiased reporting. SB, as I said on a post before, has taken most people by surprise, even his own coaches. No one could have seen this coming before it unfolded, unless you were his HS coach, family or emotionally involved with him in some way.

I was hoping after the BAMA debacle in the 21 SEC championship game we would start JT in the playoff against Michigan, CKS said he felt like SB gave us the best chance of winning. He was right. I've been on the SB train ever since that game.

I did say on here repeatedly this time last year that we could do it again, we could repeat even with all the talent we lost because we had SB and that he would set passing records for UGA and that there was no way BAMA( I thought who we would face again for the SEC) was going to be as good having lost the players they lost for receivers, and that was where they had the edge on us in 21. Both things played out like I said.