Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia tailback Kenny McIntosh presence thrills Senior Bowl, ‘Kenny is an NFL starter’

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited January 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia tailback Kenny McIntosh presence thrills Senior Bowl, ‘Kenny is an NFL starter’

ATHENS -- Kenny McIntosh is the latest in a line of elusive Georgia football running backs, and that’s one reason why Jim Nagy is thrilled to have him in Mobile.

Read the full story here

Comments

• CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 632 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Part of Nagy's job is to talk up the talent of Senior Bowl participants. Still, this is nice to hear.

Georgia's rushing-by-committee masks how good our RBs are. May he follow in the pass-catching footsteps of James Cook -- and perhaps do better.

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agree. No reason that I can see why Kenny can’t do well in the NFL. Course you can que @thadec to be here shortly to give us all the stats and history from all eras of why that No way, No how Kenny will do well in the NFL. 🙄 I mean he ( thadec) has bashed James Cook to pieces stating that the Only reason he went second round in the NFL is because he’s Dalvin’s brother !! What an insult !! Have there be RBs in history that have had better performance history Thus Far than James ? Well sure there have. But it’s not like James has been in the NFL for years stacked on years. He’s only been there a couple. And ( please correct me if I’m wrong on this as I Could be) I think James has had some injuries that took away playing time. Has James had some bad outings ? Well yes of course he has. But That can be said of some of the, no make that All of the Very Best players ever to play in the NFL. These things said No Nagy is not gonna bash and insult guys that He was primary to invite. And agree that as you said he’s gonna Promote them to a certain extent. But he was for quite a while an NFL scout, he Knows the game of football. He’s not gonna embarrass himself by gushing like a fountain over a player unless he really Believes that player has Much potential in the NFL. I’m sure thadec will be very disappointed with Nagy’s take on Kenny. But of course as thadec views himself as the very cutting edge of football knowledge, I’m sure in thadec’s eyes Nagy has it all wrong Lol !! P.S. I don’t hate thadec, and I sure don’t mind objective posts and/or constructive criticism. But he has a tendency to bash on our fan base in his comments or our coaches or our players, alternating between the three. And as camouflage he’ll throw in a few compliments from time to time. If our Dawgs 3peat thadec might well jump off a cliff Lol !!

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2023

As a RB surprised he is playing in this game. I guess he feels the potential draft elevation is worth the risk. McIntosh's game is tailor made for the NFL . He is bigger than you think, runs hard and is fast. Bigger than JCook and similar in receiving skills. Plus the UGA "RB by committee" approach ensures he enters the NFL with "low mileage". Could easily move into the 2nd rd with a good week. Should impress at the combine. Either way he will be a steal for somebody.

Remember the circus, juggling catch he had (vs AL in the '21 NCG?) ?