Home Get started: Welcome to the DawgNation Forum
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Brandon

Just wanted you to know I listen to Dawg Nation Daily from Louisville, KY. Go Dawgs......Doctor Dawg

Comments

• RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's funny. 20 years ago I used to think there wasn't enough media to go around for UGA. At least relative to other teams. We had the AJC blog. And there were a few other sites I knew other fans used. Dawgvent comes to mind. But it was really hard to get the radio shows if you didn't live in an area that carried it. The coaches show (Mark Richt show at the time) came on at Midnight Monday morning. Seriously that was a crappy timeslot. Also... the show kinda stunk. It still stinks. The Kirby show has almost zero substance to it. But the point is now there is a plethora of different media we can follow UGA football with. Websites, blogs, podcasts... we can get our fill. As the football raised it's game, so did the media coverage.

(old man voice) In my day sonny we had to work to get UGA info, uphill, both ways, in the snow!

• Lindsey2009dadLindsey2009dad Posts: 4 ✭ Freshman

Last year vs Tennessee Megaphone Guy led the crowd BETWEEN plays to ramp up the volume while the Vols were communicating the play. Against Mizzou Megaphone Guy was AWOL and the crowd wouldn't gear up until Mizzou offense was ready to snap the ball. That 15 to 20 seconds of pre-snap noise was devastating to the Vols last year. We MUST have Megaphone Guy leading the crowd! WHO can make that happen?

• Lindsey2009dadLindsey2009dad Posts: 4 ✭ Freshman

Did anyone else notice the lag at the Mizzou game? BA, surely you have influence with someone in the Athletic Department to bring back Megaphone Guy??? I would really enjoy watching Lane and his boys struggle with communication because our crowd does what it can do. Leadership is vital...BRING BACK MEGAPHONE GUY!