Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Marvin Jones Jr. to miss spring drills due to surgery per report

2»

Comments

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2023

I have looked through this Dawgnation roster and seen what looks like many errors. Height, weight and eligibility seem to be the worst offenders. So I would not trust much of that info. I don't think anyone really keeps up with it.

I haven't given up on Sorey. He is still around and has talent. IF he sticks through the next TP window it means, to me, that there is still a plan for him at UGA.

IF he is still under 220 lb he can still be a very good ILB. And certainly ST's. If he is in the 230's he can definitely be thrown in the mix at OLB. With MJ Jr out this may be his time to find a consistent spot.

OLB seems to be the only weak link on the UGA D right now. There is depth, skill and experience everywhere else. Chambliss can take some snaps. MJ Jr will eventually be a sold player. The 3 freshman (Amigos?) are good enough now to take some game reps in rush situations. But they'll need to develop fast to turn the weak link into a strength.

One of my favorite players on the team is OLB Darris Smith. 6'6" 225 lbs and a freak athlete. Wears #19 and looks like another Adam Anderson in his skills. Football, basketball and track in HS. Sky is the limit. Just needs to get SEC strong.

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great stuff. Thanks for the head's up on Darris Smith. We always need at least one great linebacker named Smith!

Yes, that second OLB is clearly the thinnest position. There are question marks DT and SS, but both depth and at least some experience.

Over the current three years ('21, '22, '23), we've toggled between more questions for offense ('21), more questions for defense ('22) and more questions for offense ('23). Given the results in '21 & '22, though, those questions were answered pretty effectively.