Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

ESPN names top newcomers for 2023 Georgia football team

SystemSystem Posts: 11,099 admin
edited February 2023 in Article commenting
imageESPN names top newcomers for 2023 Georgia football team

Georgia signed the No. 2 overall recruiting class for the 2023 cycle, adding in a number of talented players to the program. Of the 26 signees, 12 rank among the top 100 overall prospects in the class.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

So, is RaRa still a Dawg?

• Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Same question I have. I mean if he’s convicted of that felony charge in a court of law ( hope he won’t be) then he’s done at UGA right ? He’s innocent until Proven guilty in a court of law, and I hope for his sake and UGA’s sake it turns out that the testimony against him is false. BUT if it’s true and shown to be in court, I think his CFB days are done. So until there is a ruling/determination made on that issue I don’t even count on having him.

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It is not as simple as being on or off the team as of 2/6/23. The UGA program is a leader in putting the player's well being first. RaRa Thomas has enrolled and has used his 1 time free transfer. In addition, the SEC has a rule that states that players suspended by their teams (or kicked off) cannot transfer within the conference.

So this young man has a lot at stake in this situation. UGA will be careful to uncover the truth and give the player a fair opportunity to answer these charges.

All that being said, can any player that has an altercation with any female where physical contact is made be allowed to remain eligible at UGA? The circumstances of this situation are not known by the general public. But you can bet that investigators and University of GA investigators have much more information.

This situation will be determined by the university's student conduct code NOT the UGA football program student conduct code.