Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

David Sanders Jr: The nation’s No. 1 overall 2025 prospect ‘loves Georgia a lot’

SystemSystem Posts: 10,421 admin
edited February 2023 in Article commenting
imageDavid Sanders Jr: The nation’s No. 1 overall 2025 prospect ‘loves Georgia a lot’

Want to attack every day with the latest Georgia football recruiting info? That’s the Intel. This rep has the latest with 5-star LT David Sanders Jr. out of North Carolina. He ranks as the nation’s No. 1 overall prospect for 2024 on the 247Sports Composite ratings.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Why did you refer to Travon Walker as a "future no. 1 overall draft pick"? He already is.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I find these articles about potential recruits informative. But with his decision a year away and LOI almost 2 years away, giving these developments more than a passing thought is an exercise in futility. I would estimate that UGA gets less than 20%(?) of the recruits that MS writes about.

As a UGA fan I find it more interesting and productive to read up on Meriweather, Freeling, KSmith and JMiller. The guys that are already signed. You have to wonder if those guys will be developed into the OL standard that UGA fans have come to expect. History tells us that some of those currently on the roster won't work out. Remember Natori Johnson, Cam Kinnie, Owen Condon, Clay Webb, etc ? Expect a couple more defections from the OL room after spring practice.

All that being said, it is clear to see why Sanders is a 5*. He will develop into a BJones, AMims type player with 1st rd prospects. Huge get for whoever signs him. With Mims off to the NFL after the coming season, UGA OL recruiting is the key remaining component needed to sustain the UGA standard of excellence achieved under CKS. UGA needs a few Sam Pittman style home runs to stay at the top.

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 821 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just want to say, Jeff, I appreciate your hard, thorough, informative, and dare I say entertaining work on the recruiting trail. Call you the recruiting geek, the prospect hound, the talent nerd, whatever... you seem to love and are good at what you do, and we're lucky to have you on DN. Go Dawgs!