Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Nolan Smith demonstrates what the new Georgia football standard should look like

SystemSystem Posts: 11,080 admin
edited March 2023 in Article commenting
imageNolan Smith demonstrates what the new Georgia football standard should look like

Georgia players and coaches so often talk about “the standard.” About upholding and representing it in the right manner. It has come under fire in recent days following the arrest of star defensive tackle Jalen Carter for his involvement in the Jan. 15 crash that saw Devin Willock and Chandler LeCroy lose their lives.

Read the full story here

Comments

• kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2023

The only people that will make the University of Georgia look bad right now, is writers. Yes there has been a streak of bad news about UGA. Unfortunate news, but beat writers are gonna do everything they can to drag UGA in the mud to make themselves look better. Same goes with any top University in the US. Bama starts looking more and more beatable and finally loses more than ever and immediately beat writers lay everything they can to say "the program is falling apart". But at the end of the day to lay everything to blame on 17-24 year old kids, that's the part that needs to stop. We don't have to deal with what they go through with practice, schooling, etc. Like adults in their 30s and 40s, sometimes people just let loose, and bad things unfortunately happen. And the throwing shade towards Kirby has to stop also. You want him to start riding piggy back with every single player that leaves the campus? I understand facts need to be presented to the public. But not once was it mentioned about how Jalen Carter paid for a walk-ons food DAILY because the University is not allowed to do so under NCAA rule. But yeah he's got bad character, lock him up and throw away the key. These are kids. They literally have millions of people watching over them on the daily. So bad stuff can and will happen, but to immediately say, "there's something fundamentally wrong with the program" is just another swipe in the line of bashing a program just for clicks.

• Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

"... I turned off my phone, and I picked up a book. "

• ATDATD Posts: 264 ✭✭✭ Junior

Appoint Nolan to the NFL as UGA's official ambassador! Go Dawgs!

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,756 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

THat's how you spell leadership! N O L A N S M I T H.

Reports of 4.4 and 4.39 which is it?

• kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He ran a 4.44 1st and then a 4.39. Not sure how they get the "official" time.

• GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

NOLEN, DGD and DAWG AMBASSADOR PAR EXCELLENCE......after hearing about the new restaurant, I'm thinking I've got some eligibility left!

• 78Dawg78Dawg Posts: 182 ✭✭✭ Junior

Happy to have Nolan and his great character represent UGA.

• khummelkhummel Posts: 903 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Best quote I've seen in a while. Yes, Mr. Smith is wise beyond his years. And he's as DGD as it gets, to boot. Of course when I bad-mouthed social media in a different post a couple of weeks ago, I got plenty of blow-back (probably from people who have their "smart phones" stuck to their face). But Nolan Smith nailed it, and has a great future ahead in the League and beyond. Go Dawgs!

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2023

Nolan Smith is the epitome of a DGD. But, beyond that, even if he went an SEC rival -- or never went to anyone's college -- he's the epitome of what it means to be A GOOD HUMAN BEING. He's loyal to his friends, even when they fail. He accepts learning and instruction. He supports others. Even when he was hurt, he didn't step back -- he stepped up! He's intelligent, determined and passionate. (As an aside: If the UGA men's basketball team had a Nolan Smith on it, they would be a completely different team. Maybe not champions, but they would be soooo much better). But even if Nolan Smith never plays a down in the NFL, he'll be a success. He already is! Go Nolan, and Go Dawgs!