Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Sedrick Van Pran simply sums up why he returned to Georgia football

SystemSystem Posts: 10,485 admin
edited March 2023 in Article commenting
imageSedrick Van Pran simply sums up why he returned to Georgia football

ATHENS — Sedrick Van Pran did not have to return to Georgia for another season. He was draft-eligible and had already proven he was one of the top centers in the country.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 367 ✭✭✭ Junior

SVP is so well spoken and so self-aware. He is a great ambassador for the GA program. I am totally impressed with him as a player and a person. You can tell when he responds to Mike's question about Devin that he is still grieving over the loss of his friend. The team will carry on, but with very heavy hearts. This tragedy will not soon be forgotten. The best thing they can do is to use it for motivation to win a third title in Devin and Chandler's memories.

• Options
    jackbmattjackbmatt Posts: 122 ✭✭✭ Junior

Such an articulate and real guy - proud to have him representing UGA

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 477 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Sedric Van Pran is a special kind of DAWG. We are very fortunate to have him captain of our team and leading our offensive. He could have gone to the NFL and made millions but he has stayed to make this '23 team better and because he must love being a Bulldog. GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I sense an environment of pride and purpose with this group, grit, brotherhood and determination. I believe there is a strong possibility of a threepeat....

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

SVP's return is HUGE for the team and the season.

• Options
    Michael_ScarnMichael_Scarn Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have no doubt SVP loves the G, but the real reason he's stayed was to improve his NFL draft stock. Early projections had him as the 93rd overall pick. By remaining another year he can establish himself as perhaps the premier Center in college football and convert that into a Day 1 selection in the '24 draft.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 939 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2023

I am so thankful the individuals making NFL projections, for the most part, don't know sheot from shinola...SED will be a major reason the Joe Moore folks finally get it right in 23 rather than being embarrassed for three years in a row! IMHO, however I am more thankful for SED's decision because he was a MAJOR steal from "Tiger" country.....every 3,4,and 5 star high schooler in cajun country are now and will in the future give the DAWGS top consideration over the Bayou Bengals.....