Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Confidence high among fans, but Dawgs must answer key questions

SystemSystem Posts: 10,534 admin
edited March 2023 in Article commenting
imageConfidence high among fans, but Dawgs must answer key questions

No matter who the coach is, hope springs eternal for Dawgs fans this time of year.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 329 ✭✭✭ Junior

Coach Smart’s hiring has been very good, but “pretty much flawless”? Does he not remember a guy named James Coley?

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2023

The '23 team is loaded, deep and experienced at all positions except one. The QB. The schedule should allow for low pressure indoctrination of all positions including QB. Maybe even multiple QB unless CKS is fearful of creating another starting QB debate/distraction. UGA practices should be the stiffest test faced by the team until the playoffs.

After QB the offensive key may be KMilton. His role should be as the receiving RB to manage his touches and keep him healthy for the post season run. Let DEdwards and BRob handle the heavy lifting during the regular season.

Assuming a QB steps up to be at least a game manager, what this team lacks ( as of today) is a real game wrecker on the DL. The overall strength of the defense is excellent and should keep UGA in every game.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nicely done, Bill.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Always, always love your articles, Bill! 👍

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 671 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"This year, however, the mood is a bit more confident about the chances of a third straight title ... "

Rat poison.

• Options
    DawgSonOfGamecockDawgSonOfGamecock Posts: 161 ✭✭✭ Junior

Thanks for another enjoyable read Bill. Following up on Joel’s point about the Searels hire, I agree. I’ll say I was cautiously optimistic when he was hired, but boy did he prove to be another great hire by Smart. And regarding the overrated Joe Moore Award, if continued snubs by the committee keep giving the OL that added chip on their shoulder to help them dominate in the postseason, I’m all for it.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 951 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2023

Bill, I too appreciate the coalescing of fact in a skillfully written summation which has reignited my flickering mid March DAWG flames of passion.....I'm now marking off the days till September 2 and will reread your piece several times before the first kick off! Alas, I know Bill's secret....not only is he a DGD, class of 74 but also attained his writing skill as an Athens High Trojan from the renowned educators and hardass English teachers Poole Pickett and Bertha Music.....if not for their disciplined pedagogical strictness, I would have never graduated from UGA! Keepem coming Bill!

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 490 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

There seems to be someone who is jealous of Bills articles. I have one guess. 😳

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Excellent read Bill !! Thank You !! This is where Dawgs fans are gonna need to trust KS and the coaching staff even more so vs. the previous two years.

This roster has a Ton of talent in returning vets. But also a Ton of talent Potential in guys that have never taken a real collegiate game snap.

Can KS and the coaching staff develop them enough to mix with the vets to form Another championship team ? I Believe the answer is a solid Yes !!

The early schedule helps Allot !! Because of the QB situation and other positions as noted by Bill’s article, I’m kind of relieved that our Dawgs don’t have any really tough games at the start for This particular year.

Letting the new QB and those new guys at other positions get their feet wet Slowly should be of great help. Of course with Kirby and his staff Constantly in their ear cautioning them (and us fans) not to read much into the trouncing they give those early cupcake games.

I’m pretty confident that Kirby and staff will be able to get the guys to understand that the early big wins ( that Should come) mean pretty much nothing, and to Stay Focused on the big picture !!

This should be a very interesting and exciting pre-season for Dawgs fans as we try to get a read on what we have with this team !! Go Dawgs !! Looking forward to G Day !!