Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Javon Bullard looks to build off strong finish to 2022 season: ‘I have big goals and big plans’

SystemSystem Posts: 10,534 admin
edited March 2023 in Article commenting
imageJavon Bullard looks to build off strong finish to 2022 season: ‘I have big goals and big plans’

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, and everything else UGA.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Gets me fired up.

When's the first game?

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 951 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Memories....oh how they disappear....Javon was the 634th ranked player in his class....who were the yahoos moaning and complaining that Kirby etal didn't develop players.....and Javon is just one of so many developed "silk purses" that will destroy the competition in 23!

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Love the culture and character that Georgia recruits for and then reinforces when they get here. Bullard, through his hard work and confident but humble mindset, is another beneficiary of this system (and vice versa). As the great comedian/actor/musician Steve Martin once said when asked to explain his rags-to-riches life story, "Be so good they can't ignore you." With all due respect to Carson Beck, I expect Gunner Stockton and and Brock Vandagriff to adopt this same attitude and make a run at serious playing time. Worst case scenario, iron sharpens iron, and the whole team gets better because of it. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 329 ✭✭✭ Junior

Not trying to be negative and I could definitely be wrong…but I’m pretty sure Bullard got hurt in the celebration AFTER his second INT. Gotta be smarter than that.

• Options
    truthtellertruthteller Posts: 226 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited March 2023

"Not trying to be negative and I could definitely be wrong…but I’m pretty sure Bullard got hurt in the celebration AFTER his second INT. Gotta be smarter than that." - brvhrt

If that is true, I think we can give him a pass on that, lol.

• Options
    brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 329 ✭✭✭ Junior

@truthteller I agree that he had more than earned the right to celebrate as wildly as he wanted to, but I do think those guys need to be aware of the situation. It obviously didn’t hurt that he was out, but had the game been close, etc..? As to whether it actually happened or not, I’m not sure. But I rewatched that particular play time and again, as well as the subsequent celebration (they dogpiled on top of him), and I can’t find anything that suggests he was hurt on the field.

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Shades of Malcolm Mitchell tearing his ACL when he celebrated with Gurley after a TD against Clemson 10 years ago. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I thought he got plowed on the last interception. Landed on his shoulder.

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Despite losing Ringo and Smith, I believe that 2023 will be the best secondary that UGA has had in the Smart era. And as Mark Richt only recruited a single 1st round DB - DeAndre Baker, after that it was Tim Jennings went near the bottom of the 2nd - it probably the most talented since the Jim Donnan days. This will be the first time since maybe the 2017 team that the strength of the defense will be in the secondary.