Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football podcast: ESPN warns UGA that Tennessee is ‘out for blood’ in November

SystemSystem Posts: 10,564 admin
edited March 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football podcast: ESPN warns UGA that Tennessee is ‘out for blood’ in November

Georgia football is the No. 1 topic every day on DawgNation Daily — the daily podcast for fans of the national champion Georgia Bulldogs. Catch up on everything happening with UGA athletics with host Brandon Adams and the DawgNation experts as they break down the latest Georgia football recruiting news and discuss coach Kirby Smart’s quest to keep the Bulldogs on top of the college football world. On episode No. 1,908 (March 20, 2023) of the podcast, Georgia fans can hear a discussion about why ESPN thinks Georgia’s trip to Tennessee in November could be the Bulldogs’ season-defining game.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 421 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Tennessee is out for blood. That's the funiest thing I've heard all day.

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited March 2023

Off season hype versus reality back to back

• Options
    Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

AS if they weren't out for blood the last couple of years.

• Options
    JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 368 ✭✭✭ Junior

Reminds me of the comments from last offseason when pundits were saying the same thing about Alabama. They didn’t even get to play GA again.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Those espn "experts" said the same thing last season..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    BASDawgBASDawg Posts: 39 ✭✭ Sophomore

Ooooh, I won't get any sleep tonight. 😨

• Options
    99nout99nout Posts: 220 ✭✭✭ Junior

Of course they are. This is the biggest game on our schedule in 23 and the second biggest risk to going undefeated next year. The first is entitlement. The third is the regular potential for disruption in the SEC that's there every season.

• Options
    DawgSonOfGamecockDawgSonOfGamecock Posts: 161 ✭✭✭ Junior

Nice episode BA. I do agree with fellow UGA alumnus Schlabach that Tennessee will be out for revenge and that looking ahead, it would appear to be our toughest game next season. However on the podcast you mention another team that I think could potentially be a tough out (not to mention my late dad’s beloved Gamecocks:). I know some folks will scoff, but after hearing your reminder that it was Aubu’n that upset Alabama and ended their hopes of a three-peat, I couldn’t help but think that even though we’ve dominated the Tigers for quite a while now, it’s still a crazy rivalry and anything can happen. Is it likely to? Certainly not on paper. But 10 years ago that 2013 Aubu’n team had a first-year head coach know for his offense, wasn’t ranked in the preseason, yet went on to play out of their minds and in Jordan-Hare they upset mighty Alabama (thank you FSU btw for finally shutting them the h*** up in the natty!). 

I know, call me crazy, but in ‘23 Georgia’s quest for three straight will also have to go through an Aubu’n team with a first-year head coach known for his offense (among other things), will almost certainly be unranked in the preseason, and we will have to play them in Jordan-Hare. Granted, it’s our 5th game of the season and not the season finale with an entire season to jell and believe, but still, while the stakes may not be as high as an SEC finale at Tennessee, I think it has the potential to be an interesting game. Plus, as much as I dislike Aubu’n, they do have a pesky habit of having great seasons with first-year head coaches. I think Freeze, in spite of his baggage, has the potential to inject that program with a shot of energy and early season success. Their toughest game before playing us should be a road game at aTm the week before Georgia visits. We all know the pressure that’ll be on Jimbo and his NILlion dollar recruiting class. I could totally see the Aggies coughing up an upset loss to the Tigers and making our game with them suddenly become much more interesting than it appears now.