Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

The big reason Georgia football may not be as tight end reliant in 2023

SystemSystem Posts: 7,418 admin
edited March 2023 in Article commenting
imageThe big reason Georgia football may not be as tight end reliant in 2023

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, and everything else UGA.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 741 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Have I read this somewhere before?

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 919 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You heard it here first...Pearse Spurlin will be Washington 2.0.....all he needs is a little weight/muscle.....now he has the time to focus and train during rehab from collarbone surgery. Developing his lower body, abdomen, gluts, and legs will add weight via running and jumping and agility drills.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hey fellow Dawgs fans curiosity questions for y’all here. OK for this question TEs will be excluded.

Give me who you think will be the best over all receiver, Plus give me who you think will be a rising dark horse ?? Thanks in advance for responses !! Go Dawgs !!

My answers to my own questions is Ladd McConkey will once again have the best numbers, and not that he was really a dark horse but Arian Smith will rise up and have a break out season !!

Why my picks ?? Well Ladd has already proved he can, plus by first game he should be over or much closer to over that nagging injury he had for much of last season.

On Arian Smith my reasoning is two fold but very simple, 1) Another year of UGA level strength and conditioning, 2) more practice time and a good bit of real game experience under his belt. NOTE: I had a very difficult time choosing between Smith and Dillon Bell, I could easily be wrong and it turn out to be Bell !!

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 444 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

2023 will be a monster year for Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint.

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'll go with one of the two transfers, Thomas or Lovett. Those guys know how to GET OPEN in the SEC and I think Beck will be able to deliver it to them on time. I think both McConkey and Rosemy-Jacksaint are good at making the tough catches in traffic, but I think Dawg Nation is going to be surprised to finally see open receivers making catches, in stride instead of always having to fall to the turf or reaching over their heads to make the catch. My dark horse would be Arian Smith, too. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great to see Nick Chubb and Sony Michel back in the building for a visit. That's got to impress the current group of Dawgs to have those guys coming through. Both DGD's.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@DallasDawg @GoodOlDawg Thanks guys !! Yeah both Lovett and Rosemy-Jacksaint could and probably will have a banner year !! Y’all this season has this ole Dawgs fan extremely excited !!

Like Dallas said we could and should see more vertical passing down field and in stride !! I’ve got a feeling in my very ample gut, that this Offense is gonna be very, very potent !!

The only thing I’m a little concerned and anxious about is how well our “new” QB will react under pressure, when the adversity is more challenging ??

In one way I’m glad for the early easy schedule, and in other ways I’m not. I’m hoping to get the new QB feet wet slowly and build his confidence up.

The SC game will be very winnable, But provide enough of a challenge to give the coaching staff ( and we fans) an idea of how the QB handles pressure.

Away at Auburn might give at least as much possibly more being on the road.

Speaking of the SC game, our Dawgs need to play focused and tough, as Beamer has those wild roosters believing !! Even though he’s a rival coach I like Beamer, he’s a likable sort of guy. But I wish him NO luck at all when he plays our Dawgs !! I don’t like him That much !! 😀 Thx again guys !! Go Dawgs !!