Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

BREAKING: In-state OL target Malachi Toliver commits to Georgia football

SystemSystem Posts: 10,448 admin
edited March 2023 in Article commenting
imageBREAKING: In-state OL target Malachi Toliver commits to Georgia football

Want to attack every day with the latest Georgia football recruiting info? That’s the Intel. This rep has the latest with 3-star OT prospect Malachi Toliver. He ranks as the nation’s No. 74 OT and the No. 916 overall prospect for 2024 on the 247Sports Composite ratings. He’s the No 67 OT and the No. 896 overall prospect for On3.com.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

Welcome, Malachi. Is he 6'3" or 6'6"? Picture says 6'3", article says 6'6".

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Jeff, is this young man 6’6” or 6’3”? I’m seeing everywhere (including his announcement) that he’s 6’3”, but your article says he’s taller. I’m asking because (based on current and past players) it seems like he’d be a better fit at guard if he’s only 6’3”. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yeah - How tall is he?

Take your pick:

HUDL sez 6'6"

247 sez 6'3"

On3 sez 6'5"

Rival sez 6''6"

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2023

From the looks on video, he's got to be 6'5 or 6' 6 unless the guys he was blocking were midgets.

• Options
    rtparkerivrtparkeriv Posts: 90 ✭✭✭ Junior

All good questions about his height, 6'3" or 6'6". I don't think they would be talking about tackle if he's 6'3". Jamaree Salter wasn't that tall and look at him, though. Coming out of that Cartersville program, he'll be a good one.

Evaluation and the ability to find these diamonds in the rough is something Georgia has excelled at in recent years.

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 793 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Welcome aboard!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Judging from the pic with CKS I'd lean more toward 6'3" in barefeet.

• Options
    truthtellertruthteller Posts: 226 ✭✭✭ Junior

The number one class in 2024, keeps expanding with great talent. Kirby and staff are the best at not only getting elite talent (the 4 and 5*) but finding the ones that are lowly ranked but have sky high potential. I gotta feeling this kid is one of those and the staff at Georgia is elite in developing players! Look at the way the NFL teams flock to the Georgia pro days...

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"Malachi Toliver doesn’t pay much attention to recruiting rankings.".....That's a very good thing because the pundits that make those rankings have absolutely missed the REDWOOD in the 50 acre Christmas tree farm! I now know Malachi's dimensions, his strength, I've seen him in action, I recognize this youngmans wisdom at focusing on UGA and I congratulate his solid commitment to becoming a DGD .... The Greek's rating Malachi a 5 Star with a golden halo!