Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Nolan Smith shoots up NFL Draft board, Jalen Carter stabilizes as Top 5 pick, per ESPN’s Todd McShay

SystemSystem Posts: 10,564 admin
edited April 2023 in Article commenting
imageNolan Smith shoots up NFL Draft board, Jalen Carter stabilizes as Top 5 pick, per ESPN’s Todd McShay

ATHENS — Georgia will have three first-round NFL Draft picks according to the latest mock draft from ESPN analyst Todd McShay.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 403 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I wouldn't pass on Jalen, but then again, I would take Nolan in the top ten, B Jones at 15, Darnell at 20. I would pick up the other two O lineman in the 2nd along with K Mac. K Mac has the best hands of any running back ever. They won the National championship and made the other team look like a B school. Remember UT. Come on look at the stats. They are superstars.

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 500 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The Big 0 will go late round 1. Have a feeling Kelee will slip to mid or late round 2.

Bennett and Beal will be sleepers in round 3. KMac will be 4-his 40 time will scare some teams. McClendon will be a steal in round 5 as will Chis Smith.

unfortunately, Jackson and Pod might be UDFA but should be picked up quickly.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2023

They had Cine going about the same as Ringo, in 2022. Wound up going in the 1st round. These guys (McShay & Kiper) don't KNOW any more than the rest of us, when it comes to where the Dawgs wind up going in the Draft.

They make an educated guess, based on conversations with Coaches and GM's. Don't think for a minute, that 100% of the NFL world's GM's & Coaches are going to bare their souls and innermost desires, to "Heckle & Jeckle". They use them to manipulate the market, throw up smoke screens and create narratives that they can take advantage of, in the draft and throughout the season.

Carter and/or Nolan Smith will probably go higher in the Draft than Wil Anderson, if the aforementioned Coaches & GM's have been paying attention over the last 2 years. We'll see. That's my opinion and I haven't talked to anybody. Lol

The way I see it...Anderson wasn't even offered a scholarship, by Kirby Smart...and he's from the Atlanta/Athens area. Why? I believe Anderson has reached his ceiling...while Smith and Carter are just getting started. Both players still have a lot of room to grow, and they're already as good or better than Anderson will ever be. Mark my words.