Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Awkward Headline?

donniemdonniem Posts: 5,579 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Anyone else find Connor's DN headline this morning kind of awkward? It sounded like Lawson Luckie was the one who was surprised by his performance but the story itself suggests the public was surprised. It might just be me and I don't even play an English major on TV nor did I stay in a HI Express last night.

Comments

• ChopperChopper Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Most of the headlines on here are awkward or use ellipses (which is awkward). They are designed to get us to read the article but you dare not bring up the term for that. Maybe if they used semi-colons instead of ellipses it would feel more "salient." 🙄 /sarcasm

Headline: KIrby sore even before pounding....

Article: ...up the stairs to give the lackluster defense some pointers on Georgia Tech's Triple Option attack.

• donniemdonniem Posts: 5,579 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

thanks Chopper. Perhaps is's just the author's writing style. I didn't feel like it was click bait - more like a combo of word choice and the order of the words he chose. I was thinking something more like "Freshman tight end's strong spring practice should surprise nobody". But then I'm just an old retired coach and not a pro writer.