Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Todd McShay takes another swipe at Jalen Carter before 2023 NFL Draft: ‘He’s been a lot to handle’

SystemSystem Posts: 10,484 admin
edited April 2023 in Article commenting
imageTodd McShay takes another swipe at Jalen Carter before 2023 NFL Draft: ‘He’s been a lot to handle’

On the eve of the 2023 NFL Draft, ESPN draft analyst Todd McShay has once again made comments critical of defensive tackle Jalen Carter.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Todd McShay..another self proclaimed "expert" 🙄

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Connor I believe you could have worded that last sentence a little better. Maybe used “supposed character questions” or “alleged character questions.” Almost sounds as if you were agreeing with that tool McShay. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 829 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think NFL team scouts and management know exactly what Carter is capable of (including his "character"), and passing on him would be a huge mistake. Forty years ago, chump experts like McShay were bad mouthing Dan Marino just prior to the draft. He was the best QB in that draft, but slipped to the 27th pick and 4th QB (lucky Dolphins). Of course Marino was a consummate team player, All-Pro, HOF-er, etc. Teams have wised up since then and do their own homework versus depending on innuendo from irrelevant people. Go Jalen! Go Dawgs!

• Options
    Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

"I don’t think...I think..." For mcshay, it doesn't matter what people like Kirby Smart or Carter's team mates have to say. What matters is what HE thinks. M'kay.

• Options
    RomeDawg288RomeDawg288 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"Todd, Todd, Todd, Todd" as Mel Kiper chirps over & over... you've been a lot to handle in nonsense comments & gibberish. Very thankful I can watch NFL network and avoid ESPN's circus coverage.

• Options
    78Dawg78Dawg Posts: 167 ✭✭✭ Junior

He'll be suspended within 2 years.

• Options
    jvillebiljvillebil Posts: 166 ✭✭✭ Junior

Todd McShay drinks Bud Light, enough said!

• Options
    brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 326 ✭✭✭ Junior

Some of you act as if McShay stands to gain anything from “trashing” Carter. I know many of you (like myself) see these players through the Red + Black lenses, but that doesn’t mean they’re infallible. McShay has sources INSIDE the building in Athens and I can pretty much guarantee that there is a good bit of truth to what he’s saying. As for the “character references”…what do they all have in common? Every one of them talks about “competitive character” and “on the field connections”, but there is much more to it than just talent. Not saying he’s a bad kid, but McShay is definitely not just running his mouth.

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Top 10 pick, back to back.....

• Options
    Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Not to get into an argument with a stranger, but ...

Kirby Smart sez: " Jalen earned the respect of his teammates. They love being around him.”

Nolan Smith sez: "The best teammate I’ve ever been around. He’s misunderstood just because he don’t talk to people,” 

But then, mcshay has (anonymous?) contacts inside the building?

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kirby Smart will go to bat for you if he feels it's warranted, but he's not going to trash his reputation by building up guys who he knows are slackards!

At the end of the day, give me a guy who performs in games rather than a guy who is tremendous in practice or loves running 40 yard sprints or loves the weight room. I agree both is better, but if I had to choose, give me the guy who gets the job done on Sunday.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“I think he’s been a lot to handle.”.....Absolutely correct Todd......every opponent we faced that knew JC would be coming after them say the same thing......Captain Obvious you're amazing!

"Some of you act as if McShay stands to gain anything from “trashing” Carter"......brvhrt.....Mcshay has everything to gain, he works for the most WOKE, muckraking sports network we have ever known. He reports false and unsubstantiated BS in order to stir the proverbial pot and he does a great job.......just look at the comments.....as far as someone I'd ever count on for accurate sports information.....as I stated, he works for ESPN.

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2023
  • Options

Great post!

Especially agree with this statement:

"Teams have wised up since then and [should] do their own homework versus depending on innuendo from irrelevant people."

And the "chump experts like McShay" is priceless!

Go Dawgs!

• Options

Great Post!

Agree 100%

Congrats on your recent upvote badge

Go Dawgs!