Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Darnell Washington taken by Pittsburgh Steelers in third round of 2023 NFL Draft

SystemSystem Posts: 10,442 admin
edited April 2023 in Article commenting
imageDarnell Washington taken by Pittsburgh Steelers in third round of 2023 NFL Draft

Georgia tight end Darnell Washington was taken by the Pittsburgh Steelers in the third round of the 2023 NFL Draft with pick No. 93.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited April 2023

All right UGA fans. Who do you root for? The Eagles, who took 4 UGA defensive players (2 DTs, 2 LBs)? Or the Steelers, who took 3 UGA offensive players (WR, OT, TE)? Personally I say the Steelers. And I hope they aren't done. UGA has 2 more draft eligible OLs, plus a draft eligible RB and WR for them to grab! (And maybe they will stop Kelee Ringo's slide also. Yes, I am eating crow for GUARANTEEING that he would be a first round pick.)

• Options
    Louis8478Louis8478 Posts: 168 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options

@Silver_Britches

You know what, maybe you are right. Kyle Pitts and Darnell Washington would have been a great 2 TE combo, especially considering that they are going to run the ball with Bijan Robinson plus a spread QB in Desmond Ridder who can't get the ball downfield vertically but would be very effective throwing it to a pair of TEs on intermediate routes. A blown opportunity for the Falcons as usual. Oh well. Pittsburgh can use him though!

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2023

It now looks like DWash slid due to injury concerns. He seemed to battle leg injuries his entire time at UGA. Big players with leg/ankle/foot problems have been know to continue to break down. Bball players especially. Bill Walton, Yao Ming, Sam Bouie, Shawn Bradley, Greg Oden are a few that immediately come to mind. Makes you commend CKS in how he managed DWash's PT that allowed him to be available in the biggest games. But the NFL took note. Hopefully UGA TE recruiting doesn't take a hit due to DWash's drop into the end of the 3rd rd.

The KRingo slide is also indicative of an issue that the general public is not aware of.

• Options

@UGADad20

A TE who has 45 catches for 775 yards and 3 TDs during his entire college career - seriously some guys put up that in like 4 or 5 games - getting drafted in the 3rd round won't harm UGA's TE recruiting. What also won't is the fact that UGA has had a TE drafted every year since 2019, by far the longest streak in college football. Which of course will be extended next year too.

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great thought!

Loved this post…. I didn’t expect them to take a tight end, but now I wished the Falcons would have acted on this!

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 654 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hope Big O's injury concerns are overblown and that he has a fantastic NFL career. But Kelee's slide is the more surprising one for me.

I know there's a question about his ability to stick with agile receivers. But his length and strength can go a long way toward overcoming that, and his ability to shutdown big receivers and even contest balls are likely outweigh whatever weaknesses he has in keeping up with twists and turns.

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hopefully UGA TE recruiting doesn't take a hit due to DWash's drop into the end of the 3rd rd.”

Don’t see this happening with Coach Hartley here and with Brock Bowers going in the top five next year!

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 929 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Right on SB, I met Arthur Blank back in the 70's......extremely smart man.....his work has definitely proved his genius.....It is a real head scratcher as to why the Falcons who have the greatest NFL development program in their backyard consistently fail to realize the plethora of elite players only 70 miles away??? I'm still holding out for SBIV, he could really improve the Falcon's QB room!!! Not to mention the fan base SBIV would bring in......seems like a No-Brainer to me......but then, I turned down AB's job offer to stay and finish my degree at UGA and become a teacher/school administrator rather than a HD manager.

• Options
    WildmanSlayerWildmanSlayer Posts: 88 ✭✭✭ Junior

I read it was Darnell's knee that caused his slide, and with Bijan Robinson you get a game changer who can run and catch the ball, the only way I would ever pull for another team is if my Atlanta Falcons are not playing them, I pull for the home team no matter how I feel about their draft picks.