Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Kenny McIntosh taken by Seattle Seahawks in 2023 NFL Draft

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited April 2023 in Article commenting
imageKenny McIntosh taken by Seattle Seahawks in 2023 NFL Draft

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. — Georgia tailback Kenny McIntosh was selected by the Seattle Seahawks with the 237th pick in the seventh round of the 2023 NFL Draft.

Read the full story here

Comments

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If he needed a chip he’s got one! DGD!

• Slabdog64Slabdog64 Posts: 31 ✭✭✭ Junior

I believe a bunch of people missed on this one. I can’t believe there were 16 RBs better than him.

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oh, and hey, this puts Georgia into double digits. Is that good for the national lead now?

• Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hope McIntosh gets the chance to show other teams management and coaches what they passed on..GoDAWGS!

• SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Other than Pods, was anyone not drafted?

• thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited April 2023

@Spdawg

Kearis Jackson and Warren Ericson. Was hoping a team would give Ericson a shot as it was clear that he would have gotten a lot more playing time on any other OL this side of UGA and Michigan. As for Jackson, the scheme didn't allow him to build on the 500 receiving yards that he had way back in 2020 (would have equated to 750 yards in the 2023 15 game season).

• CDDawgsCDDawgs Posts: 55 ✭✭✭ Junior

Chubb and Michel should be on this list. Without 2 yrs under CKS, they do not go as high in the draft.

• HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2023

I’m happy for the kid that he was drafted, but sad for him that it was so late. I think he is clearly better overall than some RB’s drafted before him. I guess, though, that the NFL currently doesn’t value versatile backs who can both run the rock and catch deep passes out of the backfield? (His pass protection and downfield blocking are pretty good too.) 🤷🏻‍♂️

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2023

Of all the UGA draft surprises, KMcI going in the 7th rd was the biggest. Would seem to be the perfect 3rd down back. Very good runner and excellent receiver.

In general, other than BJones and SBIV (who both went earlier than expected) , all the Dawgs went later than expected. Probably why most NFL teams turn over their GM's every 5 years. The smart ones are starting to load up on SEC and especially UGA players.

I'd be surprised if Jackson, Ericson and Podlesny aren't signed as FA's.

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2023

Podlesny was signed by the Vikings as an undrafted free agent. And Jackson was signed as an undrafted free agent by the Titans.

• Louis8478Louis8478 Posts: 167 ✭✭✭ Junior