Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

What the 2023 NFL Draft tells us about the state of Georgia football

SystemSystem Posts: 10,443 admin
edited April 2023 in Article commenting
imageWhat the 2023 NFL Draft tells us about the state of Georgia football

Georgia dominated college football this past season. So it shouldn’t come as much of a surprise to see Georgia once again have a dominant showing during the NFL draft.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Georgia is certainly on Eagles' and Roseman's mind. Athens is Philly Annex. UGA north. Six Dawgs in two years...amazing. Even traded for D'Andre Swift.... originally from Philly area. Buddies Jones and Washington heading to Pittsburgh. Glad to see Beal sign on with the 49ers. Good fit. Unheralded, but a good one. Bennett to Tinsel Town to literally back up former Dawg Matt Stafford. Interesting to see how that eventuates. UGA again proves its football mettle with the NFL. Kirby Smart is something.....! I am one ecstatic Dawg fan.

• Options
    GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Dawgs are THE NFL minor league system!

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 397 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This is from CBS Sports: Kirby wins big here because it's hard not to simply say Georgia has passed Alabama as the premiere college football program in America. Nick Saban is still the GOAT and it's very close up top, but Kirby has it rolling in Athens. Back-to-back national titles is quite obviously success, but all these dudes being drafted in the NFL starts to create a self-fulfilling recruiting process. Twenty-five players selected in the NFL Draft the last two years is completely outrageous.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2023

Ringo had character issues? First I'm hearing about this after his three years in Athens - anyone else heard this before? Of course, it doesn't help that the "reporting," in typical fashion when it comes to this sort of thing, is as vague as it can possibly be.

• Options
    jvillebiljvillebil Posts: 166 ✭✭✭ Junior

Kirby is 47 years old. Saban didn't win his first college title till he was 52. Get back to me in 20 years and then we will see where the records stack up. I wouldn't trade Kirby for Saban straight up. Don't get me wrong Saban is currently the GOAT. One is in the twilight while the other is in the spotlight. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

As great as the draft was. I still think that Swift to Philly was one of the biggest things. From the area, big family presence. He can also help the new players with that. And another weapon for Philly. HUGE.

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 654 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As if I didn't have enough reasons to root for the Eagles, D'Andre in the backfield gives me a reason to root for the offense.

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All I know is I'm thoroughly enjoying this AWESOME ride we're on! This is truly amazing! We've suffered for too long, we deserve every minute of this success. Keep it going, DAWGS! Keep it going, Dawg Nation!

GO DAWGS!