Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

ESPN explains why Georgia can very much three-peat, even after several key departures

SystemSystem Posts: 11,043 admin
edited May 2023 in Article commenting
imageESPN explains why Georgia can very much three-peat, even after several key departures

When taking a 10,000-foot view, it would be easy to say that Georgia won’t win a third-straight national title. Aside from the fact that Georgia lost 10 players to the NFL draft and has a new offensive coordinator, no program has three-peated since Minnesota did so back in the 1930′s.

Read the full story here

Comments

• UGA64UGA64 Posts: 126 ✭✭✭ Junior

I like our Chances for a 3 peat! Go Dawgs!

• UGA64UGA64 Posts: 126 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited May 2023

We have so many players with experience in key positions. I think our defense will be up to the challenge. Offense may take time to get it rolling. Overall, we have the coaches and players to get it done. Go Dawgs

• truthtellertruthteller Posts: 237 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited May 2023

I wonder if part of the reason that Smart is not willing to name a starter in the QB room is the fact that Alabama had to go out and get a transfer QB from ND. Obviously, Bama's QB situation is not ideal. I am thinking that Smart may have been concerned that whoever was the #2 or #3 at Georgia, might end up over at Bama and start for the Tide with a chip on his shoulder. If the Georgia QBs are as good as rumored (and I think they are), it makes sense that Kirby would want Bama to end up committing to another prospect before Georgia shows it's QB order. I believe he will continue to hold off as long as he can - it's a smart move from Kirby if true. (pun intended).

• BigFanBigFan Posts: 153 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited May 2023

If I am not mistaken, with the spring portal, an SEC player would have to get a waiver from the conference to move to another SEC school the next year. No waiver = sit out for a year. That may/may. not be a precedent the conference does not want to set. Big gamble on the part of the player.