Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

3 things: What Georgia-Florida staying in Jacksonville for 2024-2025 means

SystemSystem Posts: 10,482 admin
edited May 2023 in Article commenting
image3 things: What Georgia-Florida staying in Jacksonville for 2024-2025 means

ATHENS — Georgia and Florida battle as fierce rivals in various sports each year, but when it comes to playing their annual football game in Jacksonville, the schools are business partners.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    CDDawgsCDDawgs Posts: 56 ✭✭✭ Junior

Mike, why do you cover the Dawgs if you hate them as much as you project? You do not miss one chance to post photos or news about our rivals. Did you attend UT? It would explain a lot considering your writing. As if we want to see Gators as the feature photo for an article about the GA-FL game.

• Options
    BetheredgeBetheredge Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior

There is a way to get this done home & home. Believe me, Auburn & Alabama found a way. What are the rules pertaining to the City of Athens kicking in a little of that $25 million windfall??

• Options
    10DAWG10DAWG Posts: 254 ✭✭✭ Junior

We can all see how badly Kirby's recruiting is going, and how lopsided the series record is😉. This is one of the most unique games in all of sports, always slotted in the prime 3:30 slot before the season starts. Even when there is nothing on the line, it's still a big game, that dynamic will change, some. I do think it could be tweaked in a manner to be more beneficial to UGA, and UGA should be compensated more than uf.

• Options
    Bill71Bill71 Posts: 23 ✭✭ Sophomore

BOO! Home and home!

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If it is to stay in Jacksonville, then the years where stadium construction is going on, it should be moved to the neutral site of Atlanta.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You're right...it could...and should be updated. It's being marketed different these days, with the "Don't Say Cocktail Party" bill. Lol...B_O_R_I_N_G. Sounds regimented and regulated...which equals "No Fun".

We need to get back to the basics and STOP pretending that it's not "The World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party".😎😝🤪😆

• Options
    Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'm no expert, but if Kirby Smart thinks recruiting would benefit by the home 'n home, I gotta go with him.

As far as the recent years dominance by the Dawgs (5-2 during the Smart era), from 1990 to 2022, it's been 11-20 in Jax. To be fah-ur...

• Options
    ScDawg73ScDawg73 Posts: 9 ✭ Freshman

Very disappointed in UGA admins for re-upping this game again. Jacksonville gets an estimated $45M bump in revenue every year.... the Athens economy gets squat. This game does not benefit UGA from a recruiting standpoint, the state of Georgia or Athens in any way. Three strikes....What's the rational other than a little extra TV revenue which is only $2.8M...a pittance to what Florida as a whole gets from the game. Brooks is an idiot. And the argument that fans would stay home is absolutely ridiculous trash. That stadium sells out for any home game. There would probably be 500k in town just to be part of the atmosphere.

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,042 mod

With the amount of revenue JAX is pulling in from this game every year, they really need to concentrate on redoing the roads and traffic infrastructure to and from that stadium. The last time I went, 4 or 5 years ago, I said I wouldn't go back until something is done. It took us an hour and half from the stadium parking lot to get to the freeway 10 blocks away. I won't go back until that is fixed.

"Old Man Yelling at a Cloud.." !!!