Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Who belongs on the 2016-2022 All-Kirby Smart team?

SystemSystem Posts: 10,430 admin
edited May 2023 in Article commenting
imageWho belongs on the 2016-2022 All-Kirby Smart team?

Picking an All-Kirby Smart team means selecting among a group of very elite players.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    DowntownDawgDowntownDawg Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman
  • Options
    KBPKBP Posts: 379 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Great article and it's hard to argue with your list.

• Options
    BillKingBillKing Posts: 62 ✭✭ Sophomore

DowntownDawg: Roquan was a holdover from Richt.

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bill, love the article, and don’t disagree with your choices….

But my two cents would say that Chubb and Michel SHOULD be a part of the all Coach Kirby team since they both came back for their senior years due to what they saw was being built at UGA by Coach Kirby and his staff! Maybe honorary “founding “ members!

A tribute to Coach and his ability to “recruit “!!!!

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 322 ✭✭✭ Junior

Smael over Jamon??? 🤔

• Options
    CDDawgsCDDawgs Posts: 56 ✭✭✭ Junior

Thorson will end up the best punter in UGA history. I would have to leave Fromm off of the list. He was wildly inconsistent and he got worse instead of better after his phenomenal Frosh season. Not sure how you leave Chubb and Michel off the list. They played more snaps under CKS than CMR. Isaiah Wilson should be on the 1st team. His pro meltdown has nothing to do with his UGA legacy. I have Goggles over Pod. You put together a great list. Now ask the question: which assistant coach hire was CKS' best for each position or coordinator position?

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Chubb and Michel weren't recruited by Kirby. Article states only those recruited by Kirby, leaving out players like Chubb, Michel, Terry Godwin, Isaiah McKenzie and more.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kirby didn't recruit those 2, article states only players recruited by Kirby. They may have played a year under Kirby, but he wasn't the coach when they were signed.

• Options
    DawgOnTheBeachDawgOnTheBeach Posts: 59 ✭✭✭ Junior

No doubt Adam Anderson was a superb football player and was clearly enroute to being a first round NFL pick. He is innocent until proven guilty and I hope he is innocent but since the jury is still out I would have left him off this first ineration of the Kirby Elites.

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2023

Don’t disagree…. I read the article…..I was just making the point that because they CHOSE to come back and play with Coach Kirby’s team, thus were being “recruited “ by him to play one more year, maybe they could get an honorable mention! Just saying…..

And they actually played two years as a result of their decision…..2016-2017.

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    ugachrisugachris Posts: 24 ✭✭ Sophomore

J.R. Reed should be eligible. UGA hired Kirby in December 2015. Reed transferred from Tulsa to UGA in Summer 2016.

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

How can Nauta be over Darnell? Interesting choices on other players, too. And your own rules weren’t followed.

• Options
    zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 412 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited May 2023

I'm always amazed that Stetson still is looked at as someone with an (if). UGA had Stafford , Moreno and AJ Green on the same same team and they coudn't win squat. In terms of tight ends, UGA didn't recruit or use them correctly until Kirby arrived.

• Options
    zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 412 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    bobcdawgbobcdawg Posts: 64 ✭✭ Sophomore

Absolutely, you're correct. I mean he left off AD Mitchell because he didn't finish at UGA. How in God's name is Adam Anderson on here, however his case plays out?