Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

ESPN says South Carolina game will be ‘Georgia’s first real test’ in 2023

SystemSystem Posts: 10,480 admin
edited June 2023 in Article commenting
imageESPN says South Carolina game will be ‘Georgia’s first real test’ in 2023

The last two times Georgia and South Carolina have met, neither game has been all that competitive. The Bulldogs won 40-13 in 2021 and then stomped the Gamecocks 48-7 last season in Columbia, S.C.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

SC could be a sneaky good team. Rattler looked good toward the end.

We'll see how SC handles the Dawgs D and Sanford stadium. Could be an interesting matchup.

• Options
    WoodrowWoodrow Posts: 85 ✭✭✭ Junior

Yeah first SEC game of the season at home, we will be more than ready. The defense is licking its chops to get back out there. I think SC is gonna run into a buzz saw in this game with our offense.

• Options
    Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I guess it takes an expert to see that TN Martin and Ball State might not be a huge challenge.

• Options
    ABQdawgABQdawg Posts: 4 ✭ Freshman

So I guess that Ball State powerhouse won’t be a major challenge…lol!

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 382 ✭✭✭ Junior

Yeah I read that on ESPN, very interesting. Wonder what DawgNations original article will be about? Thanks ESPN for all the hard work you do! lol

• Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree. Never overlook an SEC opponent—especially one with a quality returning QB… and that closed out the last regular season by beating Tennessee and Clemson AT Clemson, then kept things close with Notre Dame in their bowl game. 😉

• Options
    CDDawgsCDDawgs Posts: 56 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited June 2023

Wow, the brainiacs working hard at stating the obvious considering the schedule before the chickens game. Brilliant assessment.

• Options
    georjajimgeorjajim Posts: 4 ✭ Freshman

BREAKING NEWS!

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Beamer has consistently surpassed expectations. Despite the tough schedule, I'm surprised nobody has them ranked preseason. If they lose at Georgia and Tennessee (likely), they could still beat Florida, Kentucky and Clemson at home, and A&M on the road, and end up with a 10-2 record.

But I don't see them being able to keep up with the '23 Dawgs -- unless we've gorged ourselves on rat poison.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 937 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

September 16.....the goal to shot for would, IMHO, be to continue the mathematical progression......40 to 13 in 21, 48 to 7 in 23, 56 to 0 in 23......I appreciate the Captains of the Obvious at ESPN for their astute observations! GOOOOO DAWGS, SICEM!

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 937 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Gosh, I'm going out on a limb here but since it's low on the season tree and rather thick given the two "practice" games we will have played.....Rattler, 4 sacks, 2INT's, pulled in the 3rd.....The Dawg Defense will outshine the stellar accomplishments of Carson Beck, and Brock Vandagriff.

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 477 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

ESPN has gotten it right for once. But a blind chipmunk finds an acorn once in a while. The Gamecocks will go down though. Go Dawgs!!!