Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Quintavius Johnson Jr: Did Georgia football catch lightning again with another 3-star find?

SystemSystem Posts: 10,556 admin
edited June 2023 in Article commenting
imageQuintavius Johnson Jr: Did Georgia football catch lightning again with another 3-star find?

Want to attack every day with the latest Georgia football recruiting info? That’s the Intel. This rep has the latest with 3-star DE commit Quintavius Johnson, Jr. He ranks as the nation’s No. 54 DL and the No. 546 overall prospect for 2024 on the 247Sports Composite ratings. The On3 Industry Ranking has him as the nation’s No. 47 DL and the No. 527 overall recruit.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This guy should be a 5 star. Just shows you how recruiting services miss more than you would expect.

So excited to have him here.

• Options
    Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

That is one healthy 17 year old. Lawsy!

• Options
    BigFanBigFan Posts: 148 ✭✭✭ Junior

one of ATL's best in 2024

• Options
    WoodstockDawgWoodstockDawg Posts: 252 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Great Intel! Great look into him, his path and the huge upside.

• Options
    NorthHallDawgNorthHallDawg Posts: 85 ✭✭✭ Junior

If he stays at 250 that will be a miracle. I can see him growing into a 265 to 275 behemoth, which is going to spell trouble for opposing OTs, TEs and QBs... With a college level conditioning and nutrition program, UGA Coaching and a lot of self-sacrifice and self-discipline, this so-called 3* will be another first rounder for UGA...

• Options

I could not agree more. If he is disciplined (in all areas of life not just nutrition and weight lifting) and works hard, the sky is the limit for this kid. He has the raw abilities so he is very blessed. I enjoy watching how these things work out and he will be a fun one to follow.

• Options
    ProKnoProKno Posts: 29 ✭✭ Sophomore

Thanks for being a Dawg Q!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

OK, this is the kid who has only been at DL for a year or so. I had him confused with the other new commit. Yeh, when you watch his tape you can tell he's not quite there yet with his tackling techniques. Several times he has to lift the runner off the ground and throw him down in order to tackle him. Compare his tape to Kristopher Jones and you'll see what I'm talking about. Jones hits guys and they just crumple. Jones IMO will be ready day 1 to compete for playing time. Quintavius will need some time. BUt he has all the physical giftedeness and the right attitude to be special. Go Dawgs!

• Options

I agree with that assessment. Kris Jones is a dude. Hopefully we get that commit soon.

The great news is both of these guys could be first day picks. Sick...

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

With a name like Quintavius he HAS to be good!

Wow! Can't wait to see him in the red and black!

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Very impressive. But I have to protest that they're using AI to superimpose my upper body onto his photo. ;-)