Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football: The evolution of what Dell McGee now looks for in the next great UGA running back

SystemSystem Posts: 10,480 admin
edited August 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football: The evolution of what Dell McGee now looks for in the next great UGA running back

Want to attack every day with the latest Georgia football recruiting info? That’s the Intel. This rep offers a fall camp 2023 update on what the Bulldogs are looking for at the running back position.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 937 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

IN McGEE WE TRUST.....It's fall camp, the injury's keep coming, Fan ANGST is rising to fever pitch, and our options seem to be withered in the humidity as if we were going to be forced to press into action....."Hydration Personnel" .....(my woke niece told me that "water boy" was no longer appropriate).....or maybe an all call to the stands for "has-been's" like myself with full eligibility to come suit up...Not to worry, We have a Full Tenured Professor at RBU, Dell McGee to the rescue! Though the blinding light of our two stars has injury faded a bit....look to the rest of the room! The Robinson men, Cash Jones, Andrew Paul will by seasons end have left memory smile on all of us. Just maybe we will even hear Sevaughn Clark's name or maybe even freshman Jacob Hardie?? The "stars" in the Dawg constellation, Kendall and Daijun will get their touches and yards to propel them into the middle round of the draft.....Running Back Worries, No Way.....IN McGEE I TRUST!

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

No love for Lars Tate? Or Rodney Freakin' Hampton..? What's up with that? Huh?

• Options
    NorthHallDawgNorthHallDawg Posts: 83 ✭✭✭ Junior

Where's Willie McClendon, Lars Tate and Rodney Hampton on that list? Hell, has everyone forgot names like "Pulpwood" Smith?

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not surprising that UGA would lean on recruiting "Lightning" backs this cycle when you consider Milton, Edwards, and returning ('24) backs BRob, RRob, and Paul are all of the "Thunder" type. Successful CFB teams need complementary Thunder and Lightning type backs to throw at a D.

I would like to see Jeff do a similar type article on the philosophical shift in WR recruiting. UGA traditionally recruited 6'2"+ 190 lb+ wrs. The trend this year is to recruit speed regardless of size. DLovett, SWhite and NCarr are all smaller, faster guys.

It almost seems like UGA is emulating the AL wr recruiting approach from '17 until present. Ruggs, DSmith, Waddle, Metchie and JWilliams were all smaller, fast guys.

Which is odd now because the story out of Tuscaloosa is that AL is reverting to a run heavy O this year. The type of O that had been so successful for AL when they were winning CFBCG's. .

Does anyone else think it is amusing that JBurton left UGA for the pass happy, "high flying" offense of AL and 1 yr later AL is going back to a grind it out, run heavy O?

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Does anyone else think it is amusing that JBurton left UGA for the pass happy, "high flying" offense of AL and 1 yr later AL is going back to a grind it out, run heavy O?

Yes. But I also find it kind of sad.

Burton made an all-time bad decision when he left a well-coached, national championship Georgia team for which he was the leading receiver for an uncertain fate at Alabama. He was in too good a position at UGA to throw the dice for an entirely different situation.

Who knows? He could click with Milroe and have a really big year. But right now it doesn't look that way.