Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

SEC Power Poll: Dawgs on top, preseason look at league race

SystemSystem Posts: 10,480 admin
edited August 2023 in Article commenting
imageSEC Power Poll: Dawgs on top, preseason look at league race

ATHENS — Georgia will start college football’s race to the CFP Championship from the pole position for the first time in Kirby Smart’s tenure, yet another box checked off by the eighth-year Bulldogs coach.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 937 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"The Bulldogs don’t have to be the best in the nation every week, they just need to be better than who they play each week, and there is certainly a path for that."....BINGO, Mike, the initial keystone, in the foundation of the current success by our DAWG football program. The next is the progressive weekly improvement of each player's skill. The final keystone, is the amalgamation of these skilled player into a unit functioning as a TEAM focused on the weekly objective....DEFEAT the opponent.....Preseason #1 rankings, selections on "all world" teams, "Crystal Ball projections are all as worthless as a tin foil tiara on Miss Universe ! Given our level of talent, the depth of that talent, the physical, mental and emotional focus constantly coached into the 2023 TEAM, I have no doubt that we will meet our weekly goals....one at a time.

GOOOO DAWG'S, SICEM!

• Options
    Intldawg86Intldawg86 Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

The Athletic has been posting articles exactly like this for weeks now, for every conference. How do you call yourself a serious journalist when you’re just ripping off what other journalists do?

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"The Bulldogs are almost a shoo-in to win the East Division ... "

Rat poison! Tennessee at Neyland ain't no patsy.

Similarly, I don't see how you can rank A&M ahead of Tennessee.

Also: Missouri seems kind of high and South Carolina kind of low, IMO.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oh boy...

Georgia wins again despite the rest of the country having to face disturbing reality of their dominance. 4-Peat anyone?

• Options
    MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CandlerPark RE Missouri / SC... it's a gut feeling, I could be off, and maybe not giving Beamer enough credit. But I think they are lacking in the trenches, and I think that's where Missouri is strong.

• Options
    CdjdawgCdjdawg Posts: 16 ✭ Freshman

Seems like a reasonable list. Bama is scary. Don’t poke the bear!