Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Matt Boling, World Gold Medalist

wpony714wpony714 Posts: 405 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Boling was part of the 4x4 mixed relay for the US which won the gold and set a new world record. Matt's 3rd leg was a 45.1.

Alexis Holmes, who ran the anchor is a Kentucky grad.

Comments

• Options
    ChopperChopper Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I cannot imagine how badly that Dutch girl feels after falling and dropping the baton over the finish line and out of bounds when you are about to set a World Record in the most grueling of track events...but that is the way it works. Alexis pushed her to the breaking point. Truly the agony of sports. Maybe we catch her but it looks like we caught a break; Matt outkicked from the handoff but faded in the last 200.

• Options
    donniemdonniem Posts: 5,623 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Was watching the World Championships and not paying too close attention, when I saw that someone from UGA won the 10,000m (6.2 miles) race - I did a double take and then realized the winner was from Uganda and that was their abbreviation. Oh, well. At least UGA was in there somewhere.

• Options
    wpony714wpony714 Posts: 405 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Never like to see anyone fall. I did have some sympathy for Famke but after the race she claimed it was a pulled muscle. I watched the replay several times and she never grabbed for a muscle and when she got up, there was not limp or any indication. I think it was exactly what you said....she got over the top of herself because Alexis applied the pressure.

Lots of UGA athletes competing but also representing a lot of countries.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cv-6APfxtBD/