Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football leads the way with 4 Preseason First Team AP All-Americans

SystemSystem Posts: 10,555 admin
edited August 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football leads the way with 4 Preseason First Team AP All-Americans

ATHENS — Georgia will begin the season as the No. 1 team in the country. The talent on the team is a good reason, as the Bulldogs have four plays on the Preaseason AP First Team All-American Team.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As far as the Georgia players go, this looks reasonable.

Eight or nine additional Bulldogs have a decent chance of making 1st or 2nd AA by the end of the year. Among them: Beck, Mims, Ratledge, Lovett, McConkey, Williams, Mondon, Thorson and maybe even Marvin Jones Jr.

But I think it's fair for them to have just Bowers, Van Pram, JDJ and Starks on the preseason first team and Bullock on the 2nd team for now.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good list. Jalon Walker might surprise as could Arian. On defense I think Lassiter might be there and looking for Wilson to start at outside by end of year and be on the Freshman AA team. Potentially Aguero also on Freshman AA team. Lastly, some things would have to happen but Jordan Hall and Jamaal Jarrett are contenders.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 955 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As they say, if it's not your list, it's all wrong.....no question, our four First Team members are solid picks! I totally agree with the other suggestions offered by my fellow DN members.....by the end of the 23 season most if not all will make it save an injury. However, I frankly would rather have Carson as my QB than Calab Williams.....I predict Carson will have better stats at the end of the season! Another objection is Rome Odunze, Washington WR.......I get Ole Marv and his Twin Egbuka but for my money Ladd McConkey is not only more versatile, receiver, rusher and ST but he can take a hit! Lastly, DB, Cooper DeLeon of Iowa????? Tykee is hands down a better player!