Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart provides insight into Georgia running back plan heading into Week 1

SystemSystem Posts: 10,533 admin
edited August 2023 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart provides insight into Georgia running back plan heading into Week 1

ATHENS — Brock Bowers would be open to a move to running back. He played the position in high school and is pretty adept at making defenders miss in the open field.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    jvillebiljvillebil Posts: 167 ✭✭✭ Junior

We open with a freaking B-team. We could throw 100% of the time and beat T-Martin. Give me a break.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 951 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not so quick jvillebill....They hung 24 on Tennessee last year....of course their D allowed 65....Never under estimate a team with nothing to lose! For TM it's a huge pay day and any score they make is a winner. I've reassessed my initial bench mark for DAWG success....at first I'm thinking we need to hold them to no more than 3 FG's and no TD's.....though "B-Team" is a bit harsh, I now think a shut out is very doable. I'm sticking with 3 passing TD's and 2 rushing TD's for our offense.....the forecast for Saturday calls for low 90's , humid and mostly sunny, by the second period their lack of depth will have them draggin.....a great time for Dawg No Name snaps! GOOOOO DAWGS, SICEM!

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2023

You never hear anything about Len'neth Whitehead. 6'2" 220 lb former 4*. Must not have picked up the O (blocking scheme) yet. You would think with RRob, CJones, LWhitehead, and Sevaughn Clark that UGA could easily beat TMart.

Keep all the ding'd up guys out until SC at the earliest. No sense rushing those guys back for the early games.

I would not play BB or DBell at RB. UGA is thin at TE . Luckie is out and Spurlin is coming off injury. Then you are taking a great receiving weapon (BB)out of the pass route and limiting him to running and pass blocking. You are also asking BB to be a RB and take a lot of extra hits to his legs. Too valuable to mess with. You'd be better off just changing the run/pass ratio and letting Beck throw more.

• Options
    ypcregypcreg Posts: 253 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I really don't like the idea of Bowers playing RB. Hand the ball off on a reverse is one thing, running through the tackles is a whole different matter. I would hate to see him getting injured playing RB.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agree and double Agree !!! We shouldn’t take Any chances of getting Bowers injured playing RB !! Especially in a no contest game like this !! He’s Far to valuable at TE. Same for Dillon Bell.

Hey I saw Whitehead mentioned in another recent article. But Haven’t seen Sevaughn Clark. I wonder what the scoop on Clark is ?

And on the roster we have another guy ( having brain cramp can’t think of his name) pretty small in size if I remember right, something like 5’9” 165 lbs. Harrison or Harrington something like that. Anyway in a game like this I’d just preach ball security hot and heavy and go all the way to the last RB on the roster. Only disqualifiers would be injury or disciplinary actions. Lack of experience sure wouldn’t stop me in a game like this.

There will be Plenty enough running threat to open the pass game, Dawgs will score plenty of points. No need to risk Any of our key players to injury playing them outside of their normal duties. If we were playing a much more competitive opponent then of course my thinking would be different. Go Dawgs !!!

• Options
    edited August 2023

@UGADad20 Here’s that other RB info. His name is Jacob Hardie, Redshirt Freshman, 5’9” 180 lbs. Olney, MD Our Lady Of Good Counsel HS.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You are correct. Ball security and missed blocking assignments are 2 things that can keep reserve players on the bench.

There is an article on Dawgnation today about Saturday's opponent. For their level of play they have some impressive players/results. It will be interesting to see how all that translates vs UGA. It did not translate defensively last season vs TN.

UGA wants to get in and out of this game cleanly with an easy win and no injuries. UGA does not want to see a repeat of the '22 Kent State game.

Sevaughn Clark at 6'1" 215 lbs played the mop up RB role last season. He entered the TP earlier this year but pulled his name out and, I thought, returned to the team. I don't see him on the Dawgnation roster. (he is on the roster on Yahoo Sports) When he played last season he looked similar to DEdwards in running style. Like a player that could contribute. Not sure he is still with the team.

• Options

Yeah in one site Clark is shown on the roster, but not on another. Wish DN writers would give his status. And UTM will probably give some good competition for the size school they are. No injuries please !! Go Dawgs !!