Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

3 quick takeaways from Georgia football 45-3 win over Ball State

SystemSystem Posts: 10,565 admin
edited September 2023 in Article commenting
image3 quick takeaways from Georgia football 45-3 win over Ball State

Dillon Bell chimed in at running back on Saturday, giving the Georgia run game a different look and dimension against Ball State.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,153 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Right this second UGA could not beat Penn State. IMO. They looked really good. My brother's team. Tad slow to roll but did what should be done by UGA...piled up 63 unanswered points after opponent scored in 1st Qtr. UGA must improve or not remain unbeaten. Cannot stop a mediocre run game. Better in red zone after a fashion. SC will catch on fast. Gonna be a tight game. Cannot believe I am saying that. It should be a UGA blowout. Liked some of the play today....unknowns seem to be getting the job done. UGA will need McConkey next week! Still love my Dawgs. I think a new playbook will surface for SC...no more vanilla.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good comments. And you certainly are right to be critical and some what disappointed. I’m with you. BUT if we look back on a historical the previous two National Championship teams had their fair share of hiccups, slow starts, let downs etc. Especially early on. Just think of Kent St.

So Yes absolutely there is Tons of work to do. But I honestly think it’s gonna come together. Dawgs were at least Some better this week vs.last week. Though I know Time is becoming crucial.

I’ll go ahead and say it, I doubt we will Destroy SC though in preseason one would think we would. So we might have to be glad for a solid win, say 2 TDs. Now IF we can come out of that game with no injuries then we’ve got UAB which will be an opportunity to give some banged up guys rest.

Auburn on the road more than apt will be a very serious challenge. That to me is the game we will be better able to tell if these Dawgs have the Right Stuff !!

Three things ( there are several more) need desperately to happen sooner the better. 1) Get Ladd Mac back 2) BOTH Daijun Edwards and K. Milton back to Full health 3) Extremely talented but with some inexperienced guys playing, O line needs to gell Quicker and Better. Get their unit chemistry.

They do pretty well in pass pro, but little on run plays, though they were a smidgen better today. Oh allow me to add a fourth. MORE WRs need to step up and do better so that Beck has as many Positive targets as possible. Just my humble opinions.

I hope I can be an encouragement by saying that I honestly think we’ll get better and pretty soon !! Wish you and family a Great season !! Go Dawgs !!