Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football injury report: Kirby Smart gives timetable on Javon Bullard’s ankle injury

SystemSystem Posts: 10,463 admin
edited September 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football injury report: Kirby Smart gives timetable on Javon Bullard’s ankle injury

ATHENS — As Georgia opens SEC play, it may be without one of its most important defensive players. Starting safety Javon Bullard left Saturday’s win over Ball State with an ankle injury.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 657 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Any word on Lawson Luckie? We've got a lot of quality in the TE room but are very thin on quantity.

• Options
    UGA64UGA64 Posts: 125 ✭✭✭ Junior

Next man up! Go Dawgs!

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

At what point do you say that our practices are just TOO brutal? WHat's more important> Having brutal practices or having as close to your best 22 starters available, fresh and ready to go come season start?.

I understand it's a physical game and all that but why not just get your guys in the best shape and condition possible and then turn them lose come season opener?

THe NFL is defintely headed in this direction. Virtually no starters play more than just a few reps in preseason. It's just too costly to lose one of your main guys. Heck have one on one matchups at 90 percent but none of this everbody in a pile stuff.

FOr me persoanlly I'd much rather be playing a SC team with all my starters than having half of them ourt with injury. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Get well soon Javon we need you !! On a different note I wonder how the coaching staff feels about Andrew Paul ? Wonder if he’s even close to getting in the starting rotation ? He’s had flashes of pretty good in garbage time.

I remember reading the coaching staff was pretty high on him before he got injured. A knee surgery like that takes allot of time to come back from I understand that.

Broke my heart for Branson Roberson getting injured he showed Tons of potential last year !! With the addition of Bell filling in and Mews & Cash I think we’re gonna be fine though. And sounds like Daijun is right on the cusp of being back and at 100%. Milton appears to be getting healthier. STILL I’d love to see Andrew Paul come on strong so we can have even more depth. Maybe Bullard’s injury is very short term. Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2023

If the team was consistently underachieving, maybe you could make that argument. Consecutive national titles, longest win streak in the country, sending players to the league in droves, no end in sight.

If the players were coddled in practice and weren't getting the job done, one could say, at what point should these coaches stop with the bubble wrap and use that precious practice time to actually get them ready to play on Saturday? Of course, that's hypothetical. But so is a scenario where they take it easy in practice to keep everyone nice and fresh, and have no dropoff in intensity, conditioning, rhythm/chemistry and fundamentals on gameday. The point is, what we do know is that what Smart is doing is working. And I think it's safe to say the players would collectively be the first to tell you they want it that way.

I agree that it's frustrating and annoying to see guys rotating on and off the sideline with injuries. And I understand the impulse to vent about it. But if you're asking about the bigger picture effect on the program, that question was answered resoundingly a couple years ago.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Exactly. If it ain’t broke don’t try to fix it. But I echo what you said about injuries being so frustrating. I’m sure most of us were chaffing at the bit to watch Branson play this year. I certainly was.

But even Kirby’s players echo the HCs sentiments when they say in interviews “we practice So hard it makes the Real game seem easier”. Being able to go the marathon like distance is a big part of what it takes to make the run to Ntl. Champs.

If KS and staff eazed up in practice it could carry over to real games in a negative way. I can’t stand the ole injury bug, but on a KS team that’s always a possibility.

Dawgs now in the NFL now have even stated that the tough work at UGA better prepared them. It is what it is I guess. Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No way on God’s green earth would I want the Dawgs to go back to Richt’s soft practices for fear of injuries which produced soft players. To the man, Dawgs players say that the games are easier than than the practices and wouldn’t want it any other way. Because of the toughness of the practices, we can go two and three deep in games. When we do have injuries, the Dawgs are second to none with “next man up” and it’s not just a player coming off the bench to take up space. It’s a quality player that has been developed by tough practices and is ready to play quality minutes. Case in point, several Dawgs going early, even in the first round, in the draft that didn’t even start while at UGA!

• Options
    CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 334 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Hard practice is the best way to condition your players. It is also the best way to instill a don't quit attitude.