Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart wants to see Carson Beck be like a race car driver for the Georgia offense

SystemSystem Posts: 10,649 admin
edited September 2023 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart wants to see Carson Beck be like a race car driver for the Georgia offense

ATHENS — Kirby Smart didn’t specify whether he wanted Carson Beck to be more like Max Verstappen or Chase Elliott, but he wants to see the Georgia quarterback attack as those two talented drivers famously have.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 762 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited September 2023

"In Smarts mind... In Smarts mind....As the head coach sees it..." sounds like a bit of second guessing Kirby to me Conner? Trust Kirby fans. Most of you do I know, but a few and media wants to stoke the controversy fire. Go listen to the full interview folks (above) and hear Kirbys observations and opinions straight.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'll be watching the Ohio State >ND game while this UAB game (scrimmage) takes place on Saturday....the results won't tell me anything new about these Dawgs....still trying to figure out their identity.

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 533 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 975 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Again, talent and depth will bring another home win to The Dawgs....I'll be watching to see how we react to the challenges presented by UAB. Good QB, RB, Receivers, and Defensive secondary......can our D get a three and out on their first possession by stopping the run and pressuring their QB to make bad decisions.... can our offense score TD on our first possession by controlling the line of scrimmage to allow runs of 5 plus yards and time for Carson to hit open receivers , ie: a fast start that we've all been waiting for!

MontanaDawg, I'm thinking Sam Hartman is going to pick TOS secondary apart while RB Estime runs for over 100 yds...if ND's pass rushers can pressure McCord it will be and upset, if not a horse race with the last score winning!

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 975 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2023

If we are talkin NASCAR drivers, I'd have to give the "Cultural Icon" Richard Petty award to SBIV.....as far as Carson is concerned, just be Jimmie Johnson and keep on winning!

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't see Notre Dame wining this unless Ohio State has some turnovers. Hartman is great but he is only 1 person.

As far as Beck. I like the Jimmie Johnson comparison. He is going to continue to get better and just wow people as the season goes on. He's got the talent, the smarts and the right attitude now to be the leader we need. Once the timing with the wrs gets better watch out!

• Options
    dawgfromduluthdawgfromduluth Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

Take the hand brake off, Kirby.