Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart stresses importance of Rara Thomas for Georgia offense: ‘We need him’

SystemSystem Posts: 10,649 admin
edited September 2023 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart stresses importance of Rara Thomas for Georgia offense: ‘We need him’

ATHENS — All Rara Thomas seems to do is make explosive pass plays.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep. I think we’ve yet to see the best of RaRa and Dominic. But their both coming on. And I look for both to explode into action, Soon !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kirby looks like a genius getting Rara and Lovett onboard. These guys will be more important than we ever realized.

Our offense is just getting started. Just keep winning til we can put it together and then watch out.

• Options
    CWdawg1979CWdawg1979 Posts: 462 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

With Ladd out and Dillon needed in the backfield, I hope Carson can rely on Rara, Dom and Marcus to be go to guys. After the high number of receivers that have played the 1st 3 games, it will help Carson to be able to practice and play with more connection and continuity.

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 690 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

... plus Bowers. And A. Smith. And Mews, Delp and C.J. Smith for that matter.

But definitely Rara, Dom & Marcus have looked good: I was impressed how fast and sure-handed each of those guys were Saturday. And they ran good routes, too!

Carson has plenty of offensive weapons, including that arm of his. He just needs to get into a confident groove, where he looks long and takes risks.

Given his lack of experience in actual games, it's totally understandable that he's being careful. He's been great at not making mistakes -- the other end of the spectrum from Stetson occasional "boneheadeness."

I'm just hoping that slinging it over UAB will get him into that groove. Lower the risk, the lower the reward.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I liked Bennett...I'll leave it at that. Beck is a different style QB...much more pocket. I like the RPO style...Gunner for sure and Brock V. Just my personal preference. Beck runs occasionally...and does well. Would really like to see Mikah Mews head for the house against UAB. UGA should roll over this lackluster opponent. Should. Have to qualify what I say. UAB has no offense to speak of...good QB...but dismal defense. I would not risk injury to my better players in this tilt.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep. Agree !! These two guys were The Best WRs at the schools they transferred from. They had the best stats on their teams. So now their continuing to learn the UGA O and I think will only get better, and better and better !! Both Can and Will be dangerous weapons !!

Coupled with Rosemy JackSaint that Alone could be a very dangerous and explosive trio !!

We won’t even mention about Bowers, Delp, Mews, Jones, Bell. Now if Arian Smith could ramp his game up, and I believe he will, we’d be in very good shape. There are others I didn’t even mention. Sure wish my main man Ladd could come back 100% healthy. This Georgia Offense might be wounded in the RB room but their Still very dangerous !! Go Dawgs !! Oh and Daijun having 118 yds. Rushing was nice to !! Hope he keeps doing that !!

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We need to work on timing still with our wrs. So I expect to see Beck in there for 3 quarters along with most of our starters. It's really more about timing and execution so we are a well oiled machine heading into Auburn. 5 or 6 td drives and hopefully a couple fgs to get our kickers confidence back. No injuries please. I wouldn't mind seeing Bell with 5-8 carries and a heavy dose of cash jones.

• Options
    CWdawg1979CWdawg1979 Posts: 462 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I just watched Dominic's presser. Sounds like, from the way he answered questions, he could have a career in politics or coaching after his playing days are over. Seems like a great young man and a tremendous addition. His sheepish grin makes one think he knows something we don't know. I say great things are ahead for him.