Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

SEC Power Rankings: Alabama braces for Ole Miss; Georgia carries league pride into Week 4

SystemSystem Posts: 10,649 admin
edited September 2023 in Article commenting
imageSEC Power Rankings: Alabama braces for Ole Miss; Georgia carries league pride into Week 4

ATHENS — Three SEC quarterbacks were drafted in the first round of the NFL Draft last spring and two others that finished fourth and fifth in the Heisman Trophy voting departed for the NFL.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 975 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

#2......Mike using your apparent criteria, I'd argue that Texas and FSU would be #2 & #3 because they have beaten tougher competition. How can you place Bama ahead of LSU? Washington is a one dimension team riding the arm of Michael Penix. If and when they meet a team with a defensive rush and decent secondary, they will not survive.

• Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    DH82DH82 Posts: 13 ✭ Freshman

I ain’t buying the idea that Alabama is as bad as everyone says. They aren’t the normal dominant Tide but when and if they figure out the QB situation, they will get their act together. Given a choice I would still choose to play LSU over AL. I agree that Texas and FSU should be above the Dawgs at this point but I believe both will fade as well as Washington. I haven’t seen Washington yet but all recent PAC 12 teams always fade away.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Washington has a good to great defense. I would not call that one-dimensional. Washington actually looks better than anyone 3 weeks in. They beat an above average Michigan State team soundly on the road. They also do not have any poor performances like Texas and FSU.

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 407 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Michigan State is above average? NOT!!! They don't even have a coach and Vandy would beat them. Neither FSU or Texas should be above the Dawgs-Number 1 is number 1 until they lose. FSU can lose this weekend to Clemson and Bama could very well lose to Ole Miss.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think they are above average. So what do you think MSU final record will be?

Now onto Washington we will find out on them soon enough. They look great so far.