Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia appears ‘more vulnerable’ to Kentucky columnist but worthy of No. 1 ranking

SystemSystem Posts: 10,668 admin
edited October 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia appears ‘more vulnerable’ to Kentucky columnist but worthy of No. 1 ranking

ATHENS — Kentucky is bringing power football and a perfect record to Sanford Stadium on Saturday night, intent on taking over the SEC East Division.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Better have a plan to stop the run and contain the edges. Base defense won't get it. Like blitzing, sometimes you need to have other packages.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is the first time since the NC game with Bama that I have felt this uneasy and I do feel the team is vulnerable. Our bread and butter so to speak the past several seasons is no one runs on us. DO we still have that same brea and butter? We'll find out Saturday but we got ran on for over 200 yards by a team that by all appearances to me ran the same stuff they've been running the past 3 seasons.

I watched alot of the KY-Fla game and Fla was never in that game . THey were demolished.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

CKS will change up the D this week. First 5 weeks he played an , almost, "prevent" D that tried to keep everything in front of it. To allow no explosives. Only blitzing when he had to have some additional pocket pressure.

Does CKS stack the box a little more this week and rely on the DB's to step up their game and cover more 1 on 1 ? Or does he continue to play base D and rely on his DL/LB's to step up their game? IMO CKS would be better off stacking the box and bringing selective pressure when the play turns out to be a pass.

• Options

I read where one poster said KY was going to come in here and try to pass on us. I don't know why they would do that when they have the RB they do and the O-line obviously feeling their oats after rushing for over 300 yards against FLA. No, they are going to come to Athens and see if they can bully us and push us around in the run game. IF they can, then they will take some shots with play action and explosive plays. Like we have done the past two years. Heck, they didn't even have to try much paly action against Fla just feed the RB the rock.

IMO we have to come out like we did against Michigan and against TCU and hit the ground running(I mean passing actually). We have to keep CB out of 3rd and longs and keep him playing from in front and not behind. NOw of course we have to try to run against them, but I don't think we can just lineup on 1st and 2nd down and run that same stuff up the gut that even the small schools stuffed us on. KY is stout up front. Bobo wil have to earn his pay Saturday.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2023

Playing in Sanford Stadium in a rather rare night game should have Dawgs fans rockin to those multimillion $$$ lights !! That Does help our Dawgs in several ways in my humble opinion.

Having Ladd McConkey and Javon Bullard back Even in a limited capacity helps. Having Mykel Williams back surely helps and best of my knowledge he won’t be limited, he’s full go.

Even though it was a tough and Scary for us fans game vs Auburn, that game helped build Beck’s confidence so that should help to.

Maybe Kendall Milton will be available and feeling better if only for a few snaps, he can help.

And then there’s Mister NFL Brock Bowers !! Having him is a HUGE help !!! If this thing gets down to Time sensitive, I’d sure rather be the Dawgs trying to drive down field with Bowers, than Kentucky with RB Davis. And that’s Not me trying to disrespect Davis, it’s just that under any sort of normal you can get down field faster throwing the ball than you can running the ball, in most cases.

To Me it’s almost like the “Experts” tried to feed Kentucky with bulletin board material by saying our Dawgs would beat them by a 14 point PLUS margin !! I’d Gladly and I mean Gladly take beating them by 14 points Only, keep the Plus !! I’m optimistic that our Dawgs Will win but I’m not so sure I’m AS optimistic as the Experts.

This years Kentucky team is a Very good team. But our Dawgs will be defending their Home at night in front of a capacity crowd of ravenous Dawgs fans !! TONS of pride on the line. I think we will see their Best effort so far this year against a tough Kentucky team. They’ll prevail and get the W.

My next comment will probably elicit a Huge laugh. But go to Vandy the next week, Be Careful, Be ALL Business, secure the W in Nashville come on home to a Crucial Bye Week 7-0. Why So careful at Vandy ?? Because our Dawgs will have played back to back Energy draining and exhausting games. It’d be easy and tempting to go up there with a Steve Spurrieresqe attitude saying Well It’s Just Vandy, and get caught off guard by a team with Nothing really to lose playing in front of Their home crowd. Take Nothing for granted !!!

Beat these fired up Cats, declaw them get the W !! Move on to Vandy, take care of business. Then come out of the Bye week, a healthier, revitalized, More Experienced Dawgs team to run the rest of the gauntlet !!

P.S. And as the rest of the SEC develops Watch as the “Weak Schedule” narrative begins to fade away !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dawgs in a close game.

37-34 or something like that. Beck with 350 yards passing 3 tds and a pick. Ray Davis with 3 tds and a buck 50 to boot. Back and forth all game.

Beck wins it on the last series of the night to Ladd or Bowers.

There it is folks. No need to watch it now.

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 481 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Brock Bowers is our Herschel Walker. Our offensive and defensive lines are the key to this game. They have a very good team on both sides of the ball and great running back who reminds me of a bigger D'Andre Swift. They are coming gto Athens to beat us. We've got to be ready to send the Wildcats home with their first defeat of the season. GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Georgia matches up well against Kentucky and we win 37-21.

• Options

THe average total of points per game for both teams the past 4 years is 26 points. Some folks are mighty optimistic this will be a high scoring affair. Yall maybe right. I don't trust our defense to hold them to less than 24. We may have to score 30 to win. But watch it be a 10-7 game.

• Options

Lol you want me to have a heart attack ??!!?? 😂 But it Could be that way !! Hope it’s not that close though !!

• Options

I’m Not saying our Defensive Front or our O line will play that well. I honestly don’t know. But I feel comfortable they will give their Best effort of the year. They Sure don’t want to lose in front of all those Dawgs fans at night in Sanford Stadium. Kirby will have them pumped up !!

For our rivals the Cats I’m hoping the noise will cause them penalties like False starts, Off Sides, Illegal Substitutions, etc. etc.

The Dawgs Crowd Can help, they’ve helped many times in the past. Plus I’m hoping our Dawgs will feed on the positive energy coming from the crowd. Go Dawgs declaw them Cats !!!

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yes we do.....We have Brock Bowers.....BUT lets yall forget.....we've got Marcus, Kendall, Smael, Kamari, Andrew, Oscar, AJ, Rara, Dom, Pops, Jackson, Arian, Jalon, Mykel, Carson, Dan, Xavian Javon, Tykee, Malaki, Diajun, Chaz, Cash, Dylan, Austin, Tate, Xavier, Nazir, Dillon, Mekhi, Tramel and oh yes we have Ladd.....we have more **** ALPHA DAWGS than a Texas Junk Yard and I hear they all just love them some "Wild...Cats"! Apologies requested cause I know my memory has left out even more ALPHA DAWGS waiting their time to take their BITE out of the next hapless opponent. GOOOOO DAWGS, SICEM!

• Options
    DawgOnDawgOn Posts: 265 ✭✭✭ Junior

In other words, we have the best player in all of college football, bar none - no hyperbole meant, and/or given!