Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Dawgnation Playback Issues

TomGroseTomGrose Posts: 221 ✭✭✭ Junior
edited October 2017 in Off Topic

Is anyone else experiencing Dawgnation-related playback issues on their mobile device?

When I attempt to play videos on the Dawgnation Facebook page I experience a scrolling circle that never stops.

When I attempt to play Dawgnation Daily podcasts in my Dawgnation app (which I just uninstalled and reinstalled) the audio stutters and stammers and clips off words every few seconds.

Is it just my phone? Thanks, TG

Comments

• Options
    insertusernamehereinsertusernamehere Posts: 854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Had same trouble with fb videos, yes. Intermittent, not constant. Hate to say it, but the dawgnation app stinks for everything except notifications. You are better off using Apple podcasts or another podcast player and bookmarking the forum in your browser.

• Options
    Kelli_GrizzardKelli_Grizzard Posts: 17 admin

@TomGrose - are the playback issues you are referencing for Facebook and not the site? Also what mobile device do you have?
    Thanks, Kelli
    DawgNation Staff

• Options

@Kelli_Grizzard said:
    @TomGrose - are the playback issues you are referencing for Facebook and not the site? Also what mobile device do you have?
    Thanks, Kelli
    DawgNation Staff

Hi Kelli,

I don't have problems with playback for any 11Alive sports.com Facebook videos, or any other videos for that matter. My device is a Samsung Galaxy S7, which I love. Thank you, TG

• Options
    insertusernamehereinsertusernamehere Posts: 854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kelli, the last week or so I have been getting a little circle and videos would not load on the dawgnation fb page. Other fb videos work fine. iPhone, Apple iOS. Happened with post game video last week. Was able to play it when it was posted on dawgnation but not on dawgnation fb page. Had to get my fix! :-) thanks for your help.

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Since it’s happening on multiple devices/OS’ it might just be a file size issue. If it’s a huge file size, might take awhile to load or not load at all. Just a guess.

• Options
    BigDawgEatinBigDawgEatin Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Won't load even after waiting.

• Options
  • Options
    edited October 2017
  • Options
    Kelli_GrizzardKelli_Grizzard Posts: 17 admin

thanks for the additional details. We are looking into it. I know we just recently moved our android app to a better technology but i believe you said you uninstalled and reinstalled, so that should have fixed any issues there. The facebook part is tricky. That isn't all us but i have some ideas i am going to look into.

• Options
    greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kelli, while you are at it, on the Podcasts (which I listen to through my phone and iPad), the audio volume from guests is always well below BA’s volume. It makes listening a series of audio peaks & valleys. Please adjust the guest volumes upwards, if possible. Thanks!

• Options
    edited October 2017

@Kelli_Grizzard said:
    thanks for the additional details. We are looking into it. I know we just recently moved our android app to a better technology but i believe you said you uninstalled and reinstalled, so that should have fixed any issues there. The facebook part is tricky. That isn't all us but i have some ideas i am going to look into.

Yes, please do, Kelli. The problem continues today. I can't ever play back Dawgnation Daily Facebook videos. I can play back Facebook videos from every other site. It is extremely frustrating. Thank you ma'am.

• Options

@Kelli_Grizzard said:

Hi Kelli,

I wanted you to know that for the past 3 days I've been able to play Dawgnation Daily Facebook videos. I don't know if you've changed anything but if you have, thank you. It seems to be working thus far! TG

• Options
    ACPEPPER24ACPEPPER24 Posts: 76 ✭✭✭ Junior

While you're looking into the problem I have also experienced issues listening to the podcast via SoundCloud. The podcast seems to hang up every few minutes. The only fix I have found is to advance the track a few seconds and restart. It's not a huge deal, but it is frustrating to deal with while driving.

Like someone mentioned earlier I deleted and reinstalled SoundCloud to eliminate that possibility. Your help is appreciated!

• Options
    ChaseAtlAzChaseAtlAz Posts: 54 ✭✭ Sophomore

Podcast seems to work fine for me using the Podcast app that comes on Apple products. But, is there a reason why the comment section doesn't appear for articles on the DawgNation app?

• Options
    njdawg81njdawg81 Posts: 364 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Anyone able to get today's podcast download on Apple's podcast?

• Options
    ReeldawgReeldawg Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2017

@njdawg81 said:
    Anyone able to get today's podcast download on Apple's podcast?

No. It isn’t working today.

You have to go to the link below.

Once there scroll to the bottom of the page.

You will see the video towards the bottom or middle of the webpage.

In the text on dawgnation, they state they are aware of the problem.

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/dawgnation-daily/georgia-football-podcast-4-star-rb-james-cook-10-27-2017

Just a heads up:

Today is a video rather than audio. If you just want to surf the web while listening, do the following:

• Click on the video.

• When the screen turns dark, tap the screen and you will see the button to minimize the video at the top left.

• It should revert to the original webpage while still playing and then you can open a new tab.

• Options
    BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Holy Crap, I'm thinking Kelli is regretting responding to the 1st problem.

• Options

@BamaDawg said:

Why? She works for Dawgnation, and they're a professional enterprise. It's always a good idea to keep the fanbase happy.

Thanks for ypur attention to these matters, Kelli.

• Options
    BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@TomGrose said:

@BamaDawg said:

Why? She works for Dawgnation, and they're a professional enterprise. It's always a good idea to keep the fanbase happy.

Thanks for ypur attention to these matters, Kelli.

It was a JOKE, Sally. Its call sarcasm. Since you can't recognize it, at least you can now spell it. Didn't mean to throw you off.