Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart notes areas of improvement for Georgia quarterback Carson Beck

SystemSystem Posts: 10,668 admin
edited October 2023 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart notes areas of improvement for Georgia quarterback Carson Beck

ATHENS — Georgia coach Kirby Smart chases perfection, regardless of the player or position as Carson Beck well knows.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

His interception was really bad. On the other hand, a couple of those throws against Kentucky were NFL tosses, especially the TD to Jacksaint. I don't think this teams hopes rise or fall based on the QB, but I do enjoy watching him play.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Concerning that interception last Sat., it reminds this old boy of when I was playing defensive LB...the QB against us was frazzled, to say the least, I kept shouting throw it ....throw it...you are going to get hit...he did right to me and I scooted 40 yds for a pick six. LOL. My teammate said I have never seen such a fast runner....oh well....I was also captain of the track team. LOL Just reminiscing is all. Hopefully, Beck will not get trapped again. GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I see someone trolling this site has no sense of humor. Love to cast that down vote. This has nothing really to do with Carson Beck...he will lead the Dawgs to a big victory tomorrow. We all know that.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The few boneheaded plays from Beck seems to be par for course for a first year starting QB. Bennett was still doing it in his second year. I would say Beck has met my expectations to this point.

Georgia uses more receivers - tight ends than most offenses and I believe that the more players who are catching passes the longer it will take to get the timing down. Looks like more players are getting healthy and I think the offense will continue to improve.

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Meh. I remember the days when a coach wouldn't care if his TD threw 3 picks so long as he threw 6 TDs. Guess times have changed,

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You must not have been watching CKS coach. He wants zero mistakes. Especially from the QB position. CKS's QB's have to be flawless game managers. QB handles the ball on every play. Their mistakes decide games. QB mistakes are intolerable to CKS. Many times we saw CKS go off on SBIV on the sidelines for making mistakes like mismanaging the clock or throwing the ball up for grabs.

In CKS's mind, if you make mistakes you lose. Not making mistakes gives you the absolute best chance to win. It is called coaching.