Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football-Vanderbilt live updates, score, analysis for Week 7 game

Comments

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Flashbacks of the past, Vandy was always about injuring our players right at the critical part of the season. Man I sure Hope & Pray Brock Bowers is OK.

• Options
    Gibroni88Gibroni88 Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Bobo, what the HECK are you doing right now!?!?!?!?!?

Why go for it instead of kicking a medium length FG and then go for it on 4th down to call these **** plays!?

• Options

That was a terrible throw by Beck

• Options

That entire series was **** as hell.

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

How the conference doesn’t financially penalize Vandy for the stadium condition is absolutely ridiculous. They simply take the conference money and put it in their bank account. What a joke this is.

• Options

Defense needs a turnover NOW.

Stop messing around.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

From KY heights to Vandy doldrums????? I am baffled. No way is UGA playing like #1. Coaching?

• Options

That should have been a pick 6 RIGHT THERE!

• Options

On Arian Smith only thing I know outside of benching him is make a RB out of him. He seems to be able to catch 10-15 yd passes decent, not great but decent. He just flat out can’t catch deep balls. It’d be a waste to can him altogether. Give him a snap along and along as a RB.

• Options

Why is Schumann calling ZONE DEFENSE!!!!!!!!! ??????????

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is pathetic. Vandy is playing like we expected Kentucky to play last week. If our D is struggling to stop this sorry offense, the rest of the season will be a struggle. Hope and pray Bowers isn’t too serious. Go Dawgs!

• Options

That was such a **** play call

on defense!

• Options

Ya’ll Dawg fans can thank me later!

Because ya’ll KNOW I called that, and the ONE TIME they didn’t play ZONE!!!!!

• Options

Now I criticize Bobo, deservedly so…But now I will also praise him…

That was a BEAUTIFUL play call to Lovett!!!! What a call!!!! Executed PERFECTLY

• Options
    ShadyGradyShadyGrady Posts: 109 ✭✭✭ Junior

GREAT play design and execution on the TD!

• Options

OK Kirby ain’t a doctor or trainer but I’m assuming he made his comments based on what he was Told by the medical folks. Mild strain of the ligaments in the bottom of Bowers foot. Man I sure Hope that’s All it is !!

• Options
    edited October 2023

No Navy Dawg, disagree with you completely on Arian Smith.

No one said to can him, BTW.

I know you are YUGE Dawg fan like we all are, and God Bless you, but this is SEC competition and we are elite back to back champions.

Eventually you just either find out you can perform or you can’t perform, and this is 2 consecutive seasons in a row that Smith has shown he is not up to **** catching a football, just like Matt Landers 3 and 4 years ago.

He is too fragile and lightweight to be running the ball, and that would not be fair to Dillon Bell, who also plays WR but has played a ton of plays as a hybrid half back this season and done VERY WELL doing it; and Dillon Bell CAN CATCH a 🏈. Arian Smith obviously cannot, and he’s been given enough chances in 2 seasons where I have seen enough.

Special teams he can play all he wants, but that is 17 dropped balls in his last 18 games. Too much talent at WR and X and TE to be calling his numbers when everyone knows he’ll just drop it.

• Options

But I didn’t say use Smith on a regular basis. I said a snap or two along and along to keep him from being a total bust.

Smith just can’t catch deep balls. And really ain’t that great at catching short to intermediate passes though he does catch those at least some. I don’t know if he’d be able to catch kick or punt returns as he Might have some sort of vision problem.

But he Does have blazing speed, be a shame to waste that completely. No I’m a huge Dillon Bell fan and he’s certainly Earned his playing time. I’m just saying every once in a Great while run Smith out of the backfield or give him an Easy pass. If he gets open he’s Gone, cause he does have burning speed.

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We can take up an offering for some hoka’s and get em sent to him. As long as he ain’t on crutches coming out of the locker room….. we good

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I expect to see the depth disparity play a major role in the second half as the Dawgs put this one away and get the backups some playing time. HOPEFULLY without anymore injuries!

GO DAWGS!