Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football still confident in Arian Smith entering pivotal Florida game

2»

Comments

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2023

You are right. Deep balls are way more 50/50 balls than the high % throws Beck has been making routinely. It is much harder to throw intermediate routes with accuracy than to throw the ball 50 yards and let the WR track it and run under it. If you know CKS you know he doesn't put the ball up for grabs.

You reminded me of a point I wanted to make in that last post. What would you rather have in a young, inexperienced QB ? Would you rather have a QB that hits 75% of all of his throws with excellent accuracy or a guy that hits more long balls? Beck is still a work in progress after 8 starts. Look at SBIV. Even after starting a couple of years he was still able to improve each of his last 2 years at UGA. Beck should get better with experience.

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2023

@UGADad20 I’m not saying it will happen, but you know what would just tickle my ole bones ??!!?? Would be to see Beck dial in a long bomb to none other than Arian Smith for a TD !!! That would be so Awesome !!! And might help quite the naysayers on several topics !! 😀 Hope you enjoy the game !! God Bless !! Go Dawgs !!!

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That would help ASmith's confidence immensely. When you are a WR you need to believe you will catch every pass. And you want every pass coming your way. When you have drops you lose a little of that. ASmith should have been targeted a few times in every game, with especially easy throw and catches, to start to build his confidence back.

UGA fans shouldn't give up on ASmith. UGA needs him. UGA has no one else with that speed/experience combination.