Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

NFL scouts taking notice of Carson Beck and his potential: ‘(He’s) playing elite-level football’

SystemSystem Posts: 10,570 admin
edited November 2023 in Article commenting
imageNFL scouts taking notice of Carson Beck and his potential: ‘(He’s) playing elite-level football’

ATHENS — Carson Beck just had the most impressive performance of his Georgia career. He threw for 315 yards, 2 touchdowns and no interceptions in a 43-20 win over rival Florida.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 403 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It's all poison. Ignore them Carson Beck. Focus on Mizzou. The rest will take care of itself.

• Options
    jvillebiljvillebil Posts: 169 ✭✭✭ Junior

Heard this bozo sports announcer today say he could see Mizzu come in and hang 40 of Georgia. If that makes Skippy feel good then spew the hate. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 480 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

RAT POISON!!! Focus on Missouri!!!

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 501 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I believe under Monken that Beck would have thrived last year and the Natty was still a possibility without Stetson. Yes, SBIV had some great runs, but did his “boneheaded” decisions actually put him in a situation to run?

as a fan of players as well as the team, Stetson staying for his bonus year certainly created a backlog of talent in the QB room, such that if Beck stays, I just can’t see the current stable of players staying with two more hot freshmen hitting the ground next year.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Who cares? It would be great for the team if Beck stayed. Sure, Griff would transfer but not sure about Gunnar. The 2 guys coming in both look great. I don't see the problem.

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 501 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

As my original post stated. I also care about the players and not just the win/ loss %% they didn’t choose Georgia just to transfer after a couple of years

but I fully understand that in the bigger picture players come and go every year

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2023

Originally I thought Beck would benefit greatly from coming back and polishing his game for another year. But he is showing a ton of poise and a commanding knowledge of the offense. So far. He HAS NOT been tested by a good defense yet. We have not seen how he handles pressure; game or rush. We will learn a little more this week, next week and vs TN.

IF, and this is a big if, CBeck is truly ranked #50 by NFL teams talent evaluators he probably will be off to the NFL after this season. #50 puts him middle of the 2nd rd. Being a QB means he will be taken higher than his ranking. Early 2nd possibly even 1st rd. Anthony Richardson was far from ready for the NFL but went 1st rd. CBeck seems way more ready to operate a pro style O than AR15 was. Just may be the best business move for CBeck to go pro after this season.

Based on some articles and other team forum posts it does not seem like CBeck is getting a lot of respect around the country. But he should be. So far he looks good. Dare I say better than 4 yr starter SBIV , in all aspects (except for scrambling), after 9 starts. Will be interesting to see how he responds to MO, MS and TN.

• Options
    cduncan29cduncan29 Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

If he had connected on some of the overthrows and the 1 drop by Smith he'd have 4-5 more TD passes or so and there may be a different media narrative around Beck and the Dawg offense in general. We're getting better each week. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Maybe just a product of CB making sure he doesn't commit the bonehead turnover on those overthrown deep passes. OVerthrows don't get intercepted, as much as the underthrows often do!

CKS has preached into SB and CB the idea of do not make mistakes that at times I think he made SB(maybe CB too) too self aware. Like telling yourself "don't miss this 3 foot putt for birdie! Not exactly what you need to be telling yourself!

I truly believe SB played some of his best football late in the big games in both championship runs(excluding the BAMA SEC game perhaps) when it was do or die! THread the needle, throwing in small windows because he wasn't thinking "OK don't make a mistake". I don't think he was thinking too much of anything other than "see target, hit target."

• Options
    CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 348 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I've been saying this since the Auburn game. Carson Beck is getting better quicker than any QB I've ever seen. But his best weapon is his mind as was Peyton Manning's. His release reminds me of Dan Marino or Joe Namath and his arm strength and touch are great. His potential is almost unlimited at the next level.