Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

SEC Network analyst Jordan Rodgers breaks down Carson Beck, new Georgia offense

SystemSystem Posts: 10,462 admin
edited November 2023 in Article commenting
imageSEC Network analyst Jordan Rodgers breaks down Carson Beck, new Georgia offense

ATHENS — Carson Beck shined against Florida, but SEC Network analyst Jordan Rodgers isn’t convinced he’s a national championship caliber quite yet.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    dawgfromduluthdawgfromduluth Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

He's right on about the "deep" ball.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He's right about the deep ball. SB was able to put air under the ball and allow his receivers to adjust. CB has had wide open guys that he just over- throws with not enough height to allow our guys to adjust. Even on some of the passes that hit our receivers in the hands, they are where the receivers have to leap and make acrobatic catches. Should they? Yes. But a few more hitting guys in stride would be nice.

As far as saying that Mizzou came back on KY, i.e. therefore they could come back on UGA if we get up big is like comparing apples to oranges. Might as well be saying if pigs had wings, they could fly.

• Options
    flemingislanddawgflemingislanddawg Posts: 583 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree. I have seen a couple where the receivers could adjust but they just keep running a straight line.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,747 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'd say more on the receivers than on the QB. Jordan should know that, too.

Maybe he's not been watching closely?

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    robinsdawgrobinsdawg Posts: 106 ✭✭✭ Junior

i think more on Beck on deep ball, and some on both him and receiver; i can only recall one directly on the receiver - the one A Smith short armed early in the season. Otherwise, Beck is awesome and getting better, the back shoulder TD to Bell was perfect. And i've never even heard a receiver say he was directed where to turn after catching based on where the ball was thrown - Ladd on his TD catch/run.

• Options
    mnbdawgmnbdawg Posts: 34 ✭✭ Sophomore

Rogers has criticized Georgia for the last three years, he always finds some fault in his "mind" to point out. I am not sure he even has UGA in his top four.

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Very good article, Mike!!

As to Rodgers viewpoint, he said : " but SEC Network analyst Jordan Rodgers isn’t convinced he’s a national championship caliber quite yet."

Just asking.....How would he know!? 😆....... No doubt the deep pass has been a problem, but like @JimWallace stated , it appears to be more on the receivers {cough} Arian Smith {cough} than on the QB and I agree that Rodgers should know that.

Totally agree with this statement by Rodgers: “From a pure passing standpoint, I think he’s [Beck] one of the best pure progression intermediate passers in college football right now,” Rodgers said. “He has his ability to go one, two and then in rhythm hit that comeback (route), backside, or a deep cross, whatever it is, with accuracy and on time.”

I think we are truly blessed that Carson Beck "hung around" and waited for his turn..... He and Coach Bobo are putting up some scary numbers and, if we need to get into a shootout with Mizzou, because of their really good passing attack, I believe we can do that!

Dawgs on top!

• Options

Don't forget that dime he threw to Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint in the Kentucky (?) game earlier this year.....

"Beck is awesome and getting better, the back shoulder TD to Bell was perfect. And I've never even heard a receiver say he was directed where to turn after catching based on where the ball was thrown - Ladd on his TD catch/run."

Agree 1000%

Beck is there when we have needed him!

Go Dawgs!

• Options

@Bdw3184 "I think we are truly blessed that Carson Beck "hung around" and waited for his turn"

Everyone should be thrilled with CB at this point! Any criticism (just on the deep balls) is basically looking for something to nitpick about.

I hear Jalen Milroe throws a great deep ball, but I'd rather have CB throwing the short and middle routes than a JM just throwing a better long pass.

• Options

Lest we forget, Arian Smith has made some crucial catches in big games!

• Options
    CDDawgsCDDawgs Posts: 56 ✭✭✭ Junior

And another Mike Griffith special. What garbage!!! And Rogers seeks every opp to grind an ax with Mike salivating to help him grind.

• Options
    KBPKBP Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

All I'll write is NO ONE thought Stetson Bennett was National Championship caliber either, LOL!!!!!!

• Options

'As far as saying that Mizzou came back on KY, i.e. therefore they could come back on UGA if we get up big is like comparing apples to oranges. Might as well be saying if pigs had wings, they could fly."

Agree with this statement 1000%!

Go Dawgs! Hate on Mizzou!

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

CBeck is a better passer than JMilroe. Milroe has been good at the deep ball for 2 reasons. 1) He has worked with the same 3 starting receivers the whole preseason and season. 2) Milroe puts a lot of air under his deep ball. Maybe too much. But his WR's are good and are usually pretty wide open. That "air" allows the AL WR's to adjust and run under the ball. Usually w/o a DB close enough to make any play on the ball.

CBeck is very likely to continue to improve, in all facets, as he gains additional experience.

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Where are all of the Bobo haters?

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As we all know, Arian Smith has dropped multiple mid-to-deep balls that bounced off his hands. He'd be starting if he could catch consistently.

• Options

Pretty sure being ranked second in the official poll this week was fodder for CKS." See, they still don't respect you!" "You haven't earned anything yet!" - Go DAWGS!

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree with Rodgers about Beck and the deep ball. It hasn't been there so far. They need to get that fixed.