Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football injury report: Jamon Dumas-Johnson expected to miss time, Brock Bowers back running

SystemSystem Posts: 10,490 admin
edited November 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football injury report: Jamon Dumas-Johnson expected to miss time, Brock Bowers back running

ATHENS — Georgia was already without its top offensive playmaker in Brock Bowers, as he continues to recover from an ankle injury.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2023

This story lists Darris Smith as away from the team and out, but I believe I saw in the stat sheet that he was credited with two tackles on Saturday night. Was I mistaken? Also, just reading this it sounds like there is an outside -- perhaps way outside -- chance the Bowers plays Saturday night. If he's running, that means he can put weight on the ankle. If he can put weight on it, the next step is can he twist and turn with it? If he can do that, he's playing. Or at least, he's dressing out. Go Dawgs!

• Options
  • Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 942 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I fully expect to see Brock Bowers Saturday night and I expect to see him targeted.....not a lot but enough to give Lame something to worry about......looking for Dom, Rara and Ladd to make statements and Carson to exceed 350 yards. I'll go ahead and welcome Amarius back...you've been missed but all was handled well in your absence....CJ and Raylen will do an outstanding job in Pops place and I'm betting Pops will be back all padded up for The Vols.....lastly, a very reliable inside source reports that Naz had to be fitted will a larger helmet and is working with the TE room.....don't quote me but this could be some real pressure on the BEST TE room in America! GOOOOO DAWGS, SICEM!

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@DallasDawg:

Being healthy for Alabama in December is more important than any one game in November.

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 664 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mississippi's a pretty good team, but their defense just gave up 35 points at home against A&M (with a second-string QB). Delp's done a serviceable impression of Bowers over the last two games. I'm hoping he and the rest of the targets will be sufficient to keep Bowers from having to be called upon.

I'm more concerned about our D. They have very good skill players in Tre Harris, Judkins and Dart. And Dart us the kind of mobile guy who hurt us earlier in the season. I hope our recent progress in containing QB sweeps continues -- even though I'm concerned that our best OLB (Jalon Walker) may have to play inside because of JDJ's injury.

May be a pretty high scoring game.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No way BB's plays on saturday. CKS does not risk having BB's for the SECCG and the CFBPO by playing him this week. IF BB's somehow miraculously gets healthy you may see him in a very limited (mostly decoy) capacity vs TN. The days of BB's running from the line of scrimmage are over until, possibly, the playoffs.

Truss practicing at both RT and LT? Where has Blaske been? Disappeared. Truss NOT practicing at LG tells me Mims is not playing this week.

JDJ is a big loss for the next 2 games (or more). A healthy Lightsey would be a big addition this week and down the stretch. Having Sorey available would also buy some plays off for others. LB's are also integral to special teams.

After a slow start and then an increased role, RThomas has disappeared again. When he started to emerge there was hope that the growth would continue. That RThomas would be impactful like WR Tre Harris has been for MS. Might be a lesson here for CKS not to restrict TP offers to just SEC players.

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good to hear that Sorey is back - was wondering and a bit worried he may be hitting the portal. JDJ will be missed for sure for not just the physical part but also the captain element as well. Big shoes to fill and it will definitely be tested against a very good Ole Miss team. Plus, you have to think that Kiffen will throw a few wrinkles in the mix because he is facing Kirby and the #1 team.

Unbelievable to have McConkey back and as if he didn’t miss a beat. I’m always surprised how much you take players like him and Bowers for granted - each time the ball is thrown to them, you expect an automatic catch. Would love to see BB back but really don’t expect that until GT or the SEC championship game. Thomas, Lovett, and Rosemy Jack Saint have really stepped up their game and there are so many weapons for Beck to use. DAWGS should be in good shape for Saturday and will have to survive 3 more very physical regular season games.

• Options

@thadec you're making two assumptions that are not written: that Georgia will make it to Atlanta and that their opponent will be Alabama. I say, play the game that's in front of you today and let the rest of them take care of themselves. I hope the players don't take on this attitude of automatically assuming they're going to win games they haven't played.

• Options
    bogarttadbogarttad Posts: 277 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Should be noted than then ALA QB Bryce Young came back 4 weeks after his tightrope surgery and performed without missing a beat at a very mobility requiring position.