Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart sounds off on Lane Kiffin: ‘He does what he does really well’

SystemSystem Posts: 10,490 admin
edited November 2023 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart sounds off on Lane Kiffin: ‘He does what he does really well’

ATHENS — When Kirby Smart was asked about Lane Kiffin on Monday, the Georgia head coach didn’t divulge details of their group texts.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 745 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

"The Rebels found a way to outscore Ole Miss and are coming off a 38-35 win over Texas A&M last week."

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ole Miss has averaged scoring roughly 30 points a game against some of the better defense in the SEC. I belive we have one of the better defenses. Better than Arkansas and Vanderbilt, maybe not as good as BAma's but close. I think we win something like 35-21. Of course provided we take care of the ball.

I picked Missouri to score 21 and they did. JUst thought we'd score 40. There's nothing wrong with throwing the ball 3-4 times in a row, especially when you get the mojo going.

Fastest way to stop a good drive is to throw it for 25 yards, get up to the line while you have them reeling and then run twice up the middle for 2-3 yards. Now you're 3rd and 7 or 8, and you know they're bringing the house. Please be more innovative than that!

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sorry, I have little respect for Kiffin as a head coach. He's no better than Jimbo Fisher or Lincoln Riley. Head coaches that can't get the job done. Ole Miss deserves better, but Kiffin is probably as good as they are going to get.

I say we beat the Rebels by at least 15 points.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I picked UGA 34 Mizzou 21 as I recall. This Ole Miss game will be closer than 9 pts.. It will likely come down to a win is a win for UGA....that close. 3 tp 6 pts. Whoever gave UGA 12 pts is hittin' the "Shine". Kiffin is a trickster...like Connor said. Bobo cannot not run up the middle for two downs and hope for the best on third and long, although Beck is very accurate most of the time and good on 3rd downs. Ladd McConkey will have to play his heart out. Wish Bowers could suit up. Yeah, I do. This is going to come down to the wire. Ole Miss, however, is not renown for a strong defense like Missouri's. That could be a plus for the Dawgs as the game wears on. OM offense is really strong. They can score points. UGA and Beck will have to get creative. You can bet OM QB Dart will be. He can also run. I'll be on my prayer knees this game. Just my humble opinion.

• Options
    CClayC88CClayC88 Posts: 126 ✭✭✭ Junior

@MontanaDawg

How many times Ole Miss went to the Sugar Bowl before Kiffin? Would Kirby be winning NCs let alone the SEC West at Ole Miss? Probably not. Don't be so dismissive of something you'll never come close to accomplishing in your life