Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia defensive backs not suprised about breakout performance from Julian Humphrey

SystemSystem Posts: 10,490 admin
edited November 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia defensive backs not suprised about breakout performance from Julian Humphrey

ATHENS — Redshirt freshman defensive back Julian Humphrey played a career-best 46 snaps in the win over Missouri this past Saturday.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 415 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Would much rather see Humphrey in there. Everette seems to have problems staying in phase with who he's guarding and loses track of the ball far too many times.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Amen !! Big Time Bogus !!! Totally Ridiculous !!! He didn’t even touch the receiver !!! I guess breathing on him counts as a PI. 😡 That’s some of the worse officiating I’ve seen in a long, long time !! Makes you wonder if the score would’ve have been so close ?? Oh well it’s in the books now and done.

I just Hope we have a clean and fair officiating crew for the sake of Both teams. I want our Dawgs to win it hands down no questions asked. NOTE Went to another site the day after vs Mizzou and their fans were saying the Refs cheated them out of a win !!

I guess numerous uncalled holding, uncalled face mask on Delp, Bogus PI on Humphrey, etc. etc. is OK by them. 🙄 Go Dawgs !! P.S. IF the officiating is clean and fair Dawgs win this game, in a hard fought battle. If Not it will be tougher on steroids !! Hard to play the rival team, Especially a good one, and the Refs to !!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sad but True. I can see Everette is trying really hard. But something is just not clicking with him. At least not yet. He got smoked bad several times.

I don’t think it’s an effort issue. I think it’s more like you said he just seems to get lost in the play, poorly positioned, and can’t reset quickly and get back into the play at hand.

Maybe in time in practices he can over come the issues. After all he’s really young. BUT in the mean time we need the best guy that can help us win out there. Especially in these final games. He just needs to keep chopping on the practice field.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It must be incredibly hard to teach, or else they don't teach it. When the back starts looking for the ball, turn your head around and you look to. Especially when you've been running for several yards! So many times the DB's never see the ball because their backs are turned and they could have easily knocked it down.

• Options
    WoodstockDawgWoodstockDawg Posts: 250 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

From my perspective the last 2-3 games Humphrey has had better eye control, coverage, and discipline than Everette. And improving at a faster rate. Appears Humphreys is just a more reliable (but still needs improvement) option moving forward. Everette appears lost, confused, and behind the play often.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You can teach it but some guys do not have good processing. Remember you are running full speed and maintaining body and space awareness while watching another human being at full speed is not normal. Some guys have it and others struggle to learn it. You can definitely get better at it but very difficult. Also, you are trying to be aware of where the ball is.

That is why imo cornerback is the toughest position in football.